Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Jefferson 500

Thread: Jefferson 500

Jefferson 500

I know this is a late post, but couldn't be helped. Hope to see a lot of folks at the Jefferson tomorrow. Weather should be perfect, better than today, (Saturday), which was one of the best days at the track so far this year. They were setting up the coral late this afternoon. It is on the West side of the bleachers across track from turn 8.

Brian Redman is driving the pace car for the races. The pace car is a McLaren/MB SLR. Today he has been pacing the field, and returning to the track after the start to chase the field on the 1st race lap. In all but one event, he caught the field and past several cars before dropping into the pits on lap one.

This was an excellent event. I gotta give Gordon a lot of credit. Food was good, weather was great. It was nice to have our own parking area. I don't know if it is always like this, but this one was first rate!
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Had a great time, It was an enjoyable day for a spirted drive there and back. I just wish I hadn't showed up late and forgotten my camera.

Thanks.

Great weather....some good racing and the Chapter-sponsored corral and lunch was really nice. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. I've posted some photos in the photo gallery.

Alan

Working the flag station at 8, I could see across to the coral and there certainly seemed to be a lot of activity. Unfortunately, there was a lot of good racing before folks started showing up around 10:30 - 11:00 AM. But there were some good events in the afternoon as well. I came over at lunch for a bratwurst and sauerkraut. Very nice.

Those of you that stayed for the last event of the day, the little orange Saab, (voted by the course workers on Saturday as the best car of the event) finished 13th out of more than 30 entries in his event. He was peddling as fast as he could (3 cylinders, 2 cycle engine). He also got a standing ovation on Saturday from the bleachers adjacent to the coral.

I want to thank those of you that came up to me at lunch and offered their thanks to the flaggers. They were past on to everyone over the net. It meant a lot to them, particularly since they/we had lost one of our commrades at Nelson Ledges the week before when a car came through a flag station.

Thanks again for the nice event.

The corral, lunch and weather were all great. I was happy to see all the Shark-nose E24's out there. (And a little embarrassed that my coupe was still covered in skidpad crud from the May 8th DS.)

I took 1,248 shots yesterday afternoon, mostly from the bottom of turn 1... I haven't had time to sort through and pick out the best (that'll have to wait until Labor Day weekend), but here's a few that stood out -- all are unPhotoshopped, aside from the resizing and watermarking. (Canon 20D, Sigma 50-500mm -- mostly).

I'd use the photo gallery, except that it's not taking my ZIP files and everytime I upload/attach a photo, it crashes Safari 1.3 (v312). So, sorry for the bunch of posts, necessitated by the 4 photo limitation.

Click to enlarge...

Last edited by SharkD; 05-23-2005 at 12:14 PM.

Last one

Thread Information