Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone going to the LoveMercedes Tour?

Thread: Anyone going to the LoveMercedes Tour?

Anyone going to the LoveMercedes Tour?

The LoveMercedes Tour Sept17-19

http://www.lovemercedestour.com/default.asp

Anyone going to this? I am signed up for Sept 19th at like 11am. It's going to be held at Fed Ex. Yeah, I know this is a BMW forum, but heck it's off topic. I'd like to see what the three pointed star has out there.

I had my friend's CLK 430 for a weekend and really liked it a lot! Gorgeous car (it got a LOT of looks)-comfy, handled well, great power, nice stereo, very solid. Low speed steering stinks and feels REALLY weird but it is a great boulevard cruiser.

Another buddy brought his C240 with newer interior design cues that same weekend and I liked that a lot too-even for a 2.4 L 6 with less power than the E46 325, it had GREAT bottom end torque-felt stronger than the 325.

They make some great looking cars but it seems the quality isn't the way it used to be back in the day. There were a few little malfunctions in the CLK 430 with the one of the windows, sunroof, and power seat. I guess Chrystler rubbed off on them...

Funny thing was when I was driving the CLK, there were quite a few E36s and E46s that wanted to race me or all of a sudden floored it to blow by me. Weird thing being the "enemy." :lol:

Hey Jed, me and my family will be there at 9-11am on Sunday. Hit me up on AIM for my cell, we need to meet up!
    ~Chris
    '96 328is

Scratch that, we're not going to go. Too lazy.

If we want to test drive a MB, we'll just go to the dealer and race them on the streeeeeeetzzzZZzzz, where it belongs.....not some football stadium...
    ~Chris
    '96 328is

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    If it is anything like the last MB event at FedEx I attended (E-Class intro), don't expect a BMW-like crowd. Very little tire squealing, more tire kickers considering whether or not to get the cream interior with the gold exterior.

This time squeal all you want, just no coning. :twisted: The SLK350 and SL500 were both improved it seems. The E320 CDI didn't make ANY diesel noise inside or revved. 369 lb-ft of torque and 40 mpg!

But the food was good, especially the sushi.

Only cookies and drinks. But that's a fine tradeoff.

The cars aren't bad, if you like cushy automatic transmission-ed boulevard cruisers. For 2005, they are reportedly dropping free maintenance.

Correct.

Gary

Thread Information