Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMWCCA Badge Doesn't Fit

Thread: BMWCCA Badge Doesn't Fit

BMWCCA Badge Doesn't Fit

I drive an E39, and the long bolt you use to attach the grill emblem to the grill is too long. It catches the inner part of the grill attached to the radiator and I can't open or close the hood with it on. ...how is this supposed to work? My grill is 16 years old and I literally pulled it out with it still intact put the badge on and pushed it back in. Of course I'd have to pull it straight out to pop the hood though. This needs fixing.
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

You can't cut the bolt to the proper length needed to fit correctly...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    You can't cut the bolt to the proper length needed to fit correctly...
    I can't or I can? I'm assuming everyone with an e39 would have this issue?
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

I believe Zach meant to ask:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Can't you cut the bolt to the proper length needed to fit correctly?
    I haven't tried a badge on my E39 - the grills are too small, in my opinion. Plenty of room on the tii!

John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

The badge is generic, intended to work on a variety of BMW models covering many decades. Some modification may be required.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOBEAR View Post
    I can't or I can? I'm assuming everyone with an e39 would have this issue?
    Love me some autocorrect.

You certainly can cut the bolt to whatever length you need. Or you can take it and the badge over to any hardware store to match the thread of the bolt, and buy whatever length you need to fit.
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

I have a badge on my e39. As MPWR said, you just need to cut off a bit of the bolt on the back and give it little filing so the nut screws on properly.
    Current: 2011 M3, 1992 325ic
    Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT,2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Thread Information