Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Winter tires and Michelin

Thread: Winter tires and Michelin

Hybrid View

Angry Winter tires and Michelin

OK - - - so I bought 17" 205/50 ARCTIC ALPINEs for all four wheels (and 17" wheels) for my E46 330 Cic (year 2003). Ran them one season. In Feb 2005, someone ice picked one tire.

EVERYONE confirmed that ARCTIC ALPINE is no longer made in that size. So, buying one replacement tire was impossible. Michelin agreed to refund the other three tires. Agreed to pay 70% on the puchase price for replacement tires. However, Michelin had no strictly winter replacement. I went with someone else. Sent all three back to Michelin.

Just found out - (1) Michelin agreed to 70% of a Michelin replacement tire. (2) 70% of $0 = $0.

Gotcha...

Any suggestions - yea I know, never buy Michelin... What else?
    Last edited by SpongeBob; 05-10-2005 at 11:26 AM. Reason: accuracy

very unlucky situation. I ran dunlop sport M3s last winter on 17" rims and loved them.

My suggestion is to write a harsh letter to Michelin Customer service and tell them the exact same thing, If not tell them you want your three tires back.

Now of course they will come back with a rebuttal saying that has been their policy, but really now, why would you have sent back tires knowing they were going to say sorry screw you....

Ok -- so my alternative was to ask them to do the summer tires when I need them....and they honored their comitmment....

FROM Michelin ----

This represents confirmation of the conversation that we had today with xxx . Based upon that discussion, we are willing to replace your four 18 inch Michelin(r) summer tires at 30% of the regular retail charge. You will be responsible for tire dealer service charges and tax.
    This transaction must be completed at this particular store no later than December 31, 2006.

If you have additional questions, please contact our office at
    1-800-847-3435 (toll-free) between 8:30AM and 6:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday.

That is very good to hear. Glad you had success maybe now they will have a repeat customer.

M-tech = Please email me. Have a question - RStern9007@aol.com

Thread Information