Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27

Thread: New Member

I live in South Western WV (Scott Depot, WV) about in the middle between Charleston and Huntington. I have been a BMW finatic since I was a teenager living in Germany in the Army. I was stationed in Augsburg Germany in an MI group (I know, big oxymoron), for almost 10 years. Living there of course meant everyone owned BMW, Merecedes, and Porches as they were the equivelant of Ford, Chevy, and Dodges back home and because of the exchange rate they were extremely affordable. While there I owned a 1974 BMW 1602 in Inka Red (trying to find a 2002 now), 2 - 1977 323i's (6 cylinders), and a 1980 635CSi (still have dreams about this one). When the exchange rate went to 4 to 1 I took the 635 to a local shop and had it stripped down to the body shell and put on a rotiseree. It was completely redone, all new interior, diamond black metallic paint, aero kit, etc. It was absolutely awesome!!! This was in the early 1980's and I was also a member of the BMWCCA back then. When it came time to leave Germany a friend made me an offer I couldnt refuse so I sold it to him even though my plan was to bring it back. I figured the money I got for it would get me into a nice BMW when I got back to the States. HA!!! I couldnt afford the tires on one at that point. They were SO expensive in the States compared to Germany. Unfortunately since I didnt get back into a BMW I let my membership lapse. Big mistake now but par for the course. I now own 3 BMW's; a 2004 BMW Z4 with an ESS Supercharger, headers, performance exhaust, aero kit, etc that is pushing 315HP. It is very fast!!! Also have a 2007 BMW X3 and a 2008 BMW X5. As stated above I am looking for a 2002 project car and eventually a 635. I am in the process of building a 40x40 "garagemahall" on our new property that will have a lift. I have a company, Autowerkz Motorsports, that I hope to retire into as the years go by, that will do performance work on European cars, but primarily BMW's. The local chapter in my area isnt very active and has a hard time retaining members. I am also the area rep for the ZSCCA which is affiliated with BMWCCA. I initially joined the NC Chapter to get involved in the M and other racing schools, but I see a multitude of benefits in this chapter that I would like to try and replicate with our local chapter and get everyone more active. We own awesome cars and they should be enjoyed and not just be normal every day transportation which is how a lot in this area view them. Anyway...I will stop rambling for now. Hope to hear from anyone on any topic and if you are closer to the Southern portion of WV please let me know. Also if any of you travel through the area please feel free to give me a shout for any type of support whether it be car issues or merely food and beverage.

Welcome! Nice garage of BMWs you have. Lets see pics of the Z4!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Thanks!!! Will do on the pics :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130520_073927.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	1930
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130330_151156_453.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	1931

Welcome.

Thread Information