Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/17/2014 - DIY @ At Speed Motorsports

Thread: 05/17/2014 - DIY @ At Speed Motorsports

05/17/2014 - DIY @ At Speed Motorsports

May 17 Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview
    The 2011 Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy
    This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

Register here.

I'm new to BMWCCA / NCCBMW, I just tried to register for this event the first day of registration. I was immediately waitlisted. Is this typical of these events to sell out so fast? Just would like to know for future registrations how quick I need register.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by r0n1824 View Post
    I'm new to BMWCCA / NCCBMW, I just tried to register for this event the first day of registration. I was immediately waitlisted. Is this typical of these events to sell out so fast?
    Yes.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

They will generally sell out as soon as they open. Many are registering at 12:01AM as soon as the event opens. I registered at 07:00AM thisjust to be sure I was able to get into this event. DIY's are clearly one of the most attended programs our club offers. Just out of sheer interest what are you looking to do during this event...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    They will generally sell out as soon as they open. Many are registering at 12:01AM as soon as the event opens. I registered at 07:00AM thisjust to be sure I was able to get into this event. DIY's are clearly one of the most attended programs our club offers. Just out of sheer interest what are you looking to do during this event...
    I'm looking to do a differential, transmission, and brake fluid flush on a 1995 M3. I don't feel comfortable doing the trans & diff on jackstands and was looking forward to doing the job on lift. The brakes I can do at home. What I really wanted to tackle but not sure if it was too big of a job @ a DIY (this would of been my first) was do a cooling system overhaul, radiator, waterpump, & thermostat but I think I could do that at home but would feel more comfortable with an extra set of hands.

Looks like you're not too far from me...I'm in Fulton right down the road from Columbia (just moved from there this Dec 2012)

I should if registered earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    Also depends on how many lifts we have access to. Sometimes larger dealerships gives us 10+ bays, smaller shops may only have 3-4.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I need to change the work to be performed for the 944 to: brake/clutch fluid flush and bleed, engine and tranny fluid change. No longer need to replace clutch slave, it fixed itself .

With the Mike Miller show scheduled, how much time will we have for working on our cars?

Thanks,
    - John
    - John
    Gaithersburg, MD
    2000 Porsche C2
    1972 BMW 2002tii
    1992 Miata (SCCA SSM)

This was my first DIY and was a great experience! Thank you organizer and host!!! Can't wait until I get to do this again. I already have a list of things I'd like to tackle between my car and my wife's.
    Last edited by r0n1824; 05-23-2014 at 06:49 AM.
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe (Manual) - Artic Silver
    2004 BMW X3 2.5 (Manual) - Titanium Silver

Thread Information