Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
I want to join the party!$$

Thread: I want to join the party!$$

I want to join the party!$$

I am a wannabe E30 owner. I intend to buy an E30. Hopefully this weekend. I am looking for an experienced E30 enthusiast in the Maryland area to come with me to Germantown/Damascus area to give me your opinion on this car http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...255226920.html.

I will pay you.

The car looks really nice and is virtually rust free. My biggest concerns are the immobilizer and the computer. It felt good on the short test drive. The top is in decent shape and I don't have a huge concern about it not working completely.

The dash work was a newer radio and I put a new on board computer in it. The other one was bad. This one supposedly works. I had the lower dash panel off to mess with the stereo. I do not have the code for the obc never hot it from original owner. From what I've read those are more trouble than they are worth to use.

The automatic tops are prone to problems.
    Hopefully it's a manual top.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

When would you like someone to look at it and have you contacted the buyer indicating your interest?
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I'd like to do a deal by this weekend. I have been in touch with the seller. Since my original post my mechanic advised me to get a Maryland inspection hopefully by a BMW focused shop. I know a Md. inspection is not required but I think it's a good idea because they pull the car apart pretty thoroughly. What do you think about that idea? The car is in the Damascus area, can you recommend a BMW experienced state inspection shop?

BMW ExcluService in Rockville or York Automotive in Mt Airy should be able to handle it
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by lkrides View Post
    Thanks to both of you for your replies. I'd like to do a deal by this weekend. I have been in touch with the seller. Since my original post my mechanic advised me to get a Maryland inspection hopefully by a BMW focused shop. I know a Md. inspection is not required but I think it's a good idea because they pull the car apart pretty thoroughly. What do you think about that idea? The car is in the Damascus area, can you recommend a BMW experienced state inspection shop?
    MD inspection isn't required? Isn't is a one-time inspection on used cars? Mine was.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

You're correct Steven; I think all this guy needs is a Pre-purchase Inspection and I would agree with Paul concerning the use of BMW Excluservice in Rockville.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I think he was looking for a Maryland inspection by a shop experienced in BMWs. First he should get a Pre-Purchase Inspection by a shop like that and then have it inspected for Maryland (but not all shops can do it). All used cars when sold in Maryland have to be inspected. Does not matter how many times the car is sold. BTW, inspection is only good for a short period of time.

I believe it is only good for 90 days. Check Maryland MVA web site and it will tell you.

lkrides,

If the car is going to be registered as a "Historic" it does not need to be MD inspected. Chances are since you are looking at an E30 it is more than 20 years old and qualifies as a Historic. There are restrictions to owning a Historic registered vehicle i.e. you can drive it no more than 2500 miles a year. The pros are you don't have to do a MD inspection and you don't have to do an emissions inspection either and the registration fees are considerably less expensive.
    Here are the links to the forms you will need:
    Odometer disclosure statement: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-197.pdf
    Schedule of fees so you know what to expect to pay: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-316.pdf
    Bill of sale: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-181.pdf
    Application for historic plates if you chose to go that route: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-096.pdf
    Application for certificate of title: http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-005.pdf

I also recommend you use a title company to process your paperwork instead of going to the MVA (you will have to pay the title company a small fee but the service is worth it and so is the time you will save)...I use Terry's tag and title. www.tagsintenminutes.com They have several locations in MD.

I hope this information helps...If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me:
    Stephane Grabina
    stephane@bmwexcluservice.com
    301 231 5400 ext 3

Did you buy it ?

hello. did u ever get it? I want an e30 too!

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    hello. did u ever get it? I want an e30 too!
    I did not get the one I originally intended, but I got one. I got a 90 325I vert in Calypso Red and I love it. It has new leather and a new top. I am stoked.
    Go for it, Get yours!

Also Sgrabina, thanks for all the good info.

Congrats on the E30! Love those cars. I currently have 2 convertibles (one driver and one project). Used to have a coupe and sedan at one point.
    Current: 2011 M3, 1992 325ic
    Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT,2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Congratulations !!! I have the same but mine is 92 in calypso red metallic !!

Thread Information