Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a good manual transmission instructor

Thread: Looking for a good manual transmission instructor

Looking for a good manual transmission instructor

Hello everyone,

I am looking to find if any one in and around Fairfax and Loudoun County is a good driving instructor for manual transmission vehicles. This is to get my wife to learn and drive stick shift. She drives an automatic now.

I spoke to A2Z Driving school in Manassas and they charge $275 for 2 hours; they provide their car and certified instructor.

Any ideas welcome.

414 Water Street Tower Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD
    Do not pay anybody to teach your wife to drive stick. We have tons of people in the club who will happily volunteer, myself included. Save your money for an oil change or 5 tanks of gas. The question you have to ask is, "Does she really want to learn?". I dated a girl for 4 years and tried on several occasions to teach her but she didn't want to learn. Yea, we are broken up and the car and I are still motoring on! Rob Hollister Membership Committee. (908) 720 7504.

Thanks Rob. She is willing to learn and it is better she learns from someone other than me.

414 Water Street Tower Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD
    Yes, teaching is not always best between family members. I know it well. I just want to go on record that my mom taught me how to drive all those years ago and thank god it went well. Thanks MOM!

Hey, call me if you want to schedule something. I am sure we could get her driving in under an hour. If you want you can send me an e-mail: robert.hollister@aecom.com. Let me know. Driving stick ROCKS! People who drive automatics and don't know how to drive a manual don't know what they are missing.

Best,

///RK

Hey Rob,

Just sent you an email! Thank you..

$275 for 2 hours is really expensive. I have completed my Driving lessons from Northwest Driving School Las Vegas , Nevada. I was charged only $100 per two hours. They have expericenced DMV certified instructors. Mr. Rich Heinrich is one of them.
    Last edited by Jacob; 06-07-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I have completed my Driving lessons from Northwest Driving School Las Vegas, Nevada. I was charged only $100 per two hours.
    This is Metro DC - prices are different. Luckily we have club members up to the task!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Keep in mind that part of what you are paying that price for is beating on someone else's clutch.

Thread Information