Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/04/2014 - 31th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours @ Nottoway Park
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 05/04/2014 - 31th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours @ Nottoway Park

05/04/2014 - 31st Annual Deutsche Marque Concours @ Nottoway Park

05/04/2014 - 31st Annual Deutsche Marque Concours @ Nottoway Park, Vienna, VA
    Map: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/maps/nottowaymap.htm

BMW CCA REGISTRATION ONLY
    Porsche and Mercedes-Benz club members must register on their respective clubs' sites.

You must be a current BMW CCA member to register.

Online registration will be available until midnight Saturday, May 3rd: http://msreg.com/dmc

You can also register at the event. The entry fee for the concours is $30 per car ($40 after April 27th or on-site). Registration includes one wine and cheese awards reception ticket. Additional wine and cheese reception tickets are available at $10 each. A commemorative dash plaque will be presented to the first 30 registrants. In order to allow us to plan appropriately for the number of guests, please register here in advance.

There is no charge or need to register to attend the concours as a spectator.

One of the highlights of our event schedule, and an annual rite of spring for German car fans, is the Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance. This year marks the 31st time that we have gathered with our friends from the Greater Washington Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA) and the Potomac Region of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) for this terrific show. Once again, we have reserved Nottoway Park, located at 9601 Courthouse Road in Vienna, easily reached via Route 66. The park entrance will be marked with large car club banners so that you cannot miss it.

We have some changes planned for this year’s event. A “corral” will be positioned along the entrance to the park to display special cars not being judged. Space will be limited. More vendors are anticipated. The judged entrants from the three marques will be interspersed, allowing visitors the opportunity to see more of the fabulous cars assembled.

In the Deutsche Marque Concours, vehicles are judged by their condition, appearance, and cleanliness. There will be three classes at this event - Street (judged), Meister class (judged - consisting of first-place category winners from the 2013 concours), and Display class (not judged - winner selected by people’s choice balloting). Judges scoring cars in the Street and Meister classes will only judge the tops of the cars, including the exterior, interior, engine bay, storage compartments and chrome, but not the chassis. Street class cars are generally divided into several groups based upon BMW CCA national concours rules.

Please note: Cars produced after 2010 will not be judged, but are welcome to be entered in the Display class.

Vehicles will be classified into the following categories:

Classics

2002s

Modern 1980s - E30 3 Series, E28 5 Series, E24 6 Series, E23 7 Series, M1 and Z1

Modern 1990s - E36 3 Series, E34 5 Series, E32 7 Series, E31 8 Series and Z3

Modern 2000s - E46 3 Series, E39 5 Series, E38 7 Series, 6, Z4 and Z8

Current - E87 1 Series, E90/91/92/93 3 Series, E60 5 Series, E63 6 Series, E65 7 Series, E83 X3, E53/E70 X5 and E71 X6

8:30 AM Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
    9:00 AM General admission begins.
    10:00 AM All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 AM. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly, and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
    10:30 AM Judging begins.
    2:30 - 3:00 PM After the judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
    3:00 PM Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.

Note: The concours is an all-day event. The organizers of all the clubs will be working diligently prior to the show as well as on the day of the event. Please also respect the hard work by the participants who have prepared their cars for the show. If you enter the event, please be prepared to stay through the awards presentation. If your vehicle places in its class and you have departed the field, the award will be given to the next runner-up in class. Further, in order to be fair to all the participants, we need to have sufficient time to judge all the cars consistently and fairly. We can't do that if people show up at 11:30 a.m. and ask to have their cars judged. We're not trying to be difficult, only respecting the efforts many of our club members make to prepare their cars for the concours. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Contact John McWilliams at john.mcwilliams@gmail.com if you have any questions.
    If you have questions on Sunday/day of show please call me (John McWilliams) at 540-687-0166. I will be at Nottoway Park at approx. 8AM.
    Last edited by John in VA; 01-28-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: new details
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Deutsche Marque Concours registration is open!
    http://msreg.com/dmc
    Last edited by John in VA; 02-03-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: registration link
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John, I am looking forward to the event once again. It should be great fun. Thanks for all your efforts to make it so. I am rounding up a few new cars to come and spend the day in the sun shine.

The website for the Deutsche Marque Concours is located at www.dmconcours.com

I'm considering entering a 1995 M3 into concours. For full concours, do they inspect under the car as well? I don't have a lift so I can't get completely under the car. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by r0n1824 View Post
    I'm considering entering a 1995 M3 into concours. For full concours, do they inspect under the car as well? I don't have a lift so I can't get completely under the car. Thoughts?
    Short answer is no. You can read the rules on the DM website (link above)
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks, Paul.
    @r0n1824 - exterior (paint, glass, trim, gaskets), interior (upholstery, dash, carpet, glass, headliner), engine bay (engine, hoses, wiring, painted metal, plastic items, underside of hood), storage compartments (carpet, tools, spare tire/wheel, underside of trunk lid, gaskets), wheels and tires are considered.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be a great day - get busy!!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Four weeks to go until the 31st Deutsche Marque Concours at Nottoway Park in Vienna, VA! My thanks to those who have pre-registered.

We will continue with some things we introduced at last year's event - a car corral for non-displayed vehicles, and the judged display will bring the three marques together on the field.

Register at http://msreg.com/dmc
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John,

Any reason that post 2010 cars are ineligible to be judged in the Concours? Why not at least have a class devoted solely to those cars? That was not the rule 10 years ago, when I won a 2nd Place Award for Best Sedan with my 2001 M5. The result of this rule discourages new car owners from participating and makes this more a classic car contest.

Doug
    BonBahn

Doug,
    The change this year was mostly due to the fact that half of the judges that usually donate their time and experience are out of town during this year's event. It can be an overwhelming task. If the club had a larger pool of experienced members who were guaranteed to serve as judges at the event this would not be an issue. We have approximately 6000 NCC members, and I have trouble finding six to help with the judging. The Mercedes-Benz club brought in their national concours judge to hold a judging workshop last year prior to the concours. This workshop helped to train and educate members about the judging process. BMW and Porsche club members were also invited to attend - we had two members attend.

Typically, nearly half of the entrants are not pre-registered and we have no idea of how many cars will be there. Last year's fantastic weather brought out more owners than in recent memory. The Porsche club had 50 extra cars, not pre-registered, show up. They were placed in the display class. I was considering doing the same for our club this year (placing cars not pre-registered into the Display class), but chose not to.

To me, the concours has always been "more of a classic car contest." It's crazy to judge a two year-old car with 3000 miles, in my opinion. I was seriously considering not judging cars less than 10 years-old.

Showing in the Display class is a great opportunity to find out how your car compares to others superb examples, and members are still eligible for the People's Choice and Judges' choice awards.

John
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Detailing clinic Saturday, April 26th at Odds and Ends Detailing.

Just in time to prep our cars for the Deutsche Marque Concours, a car detailing clinic will be hosted by Odds and Ends Detailing on Saturday, April 26 from 9:00am to 1:00pm. (The rain date will be Sunday, April 27, in the event of heavy downpours. If there are intermittent or light showers, the clinic will be held on Saturday April 26 as scheduled.)

Demonstrations and Q&A on proper wash and dry technique, polishing, waxing, trim and glass care, and discounts on car care products will be a part of this clinic. Odds and Ends Detailing will provide coffee and donuts at this clinic. Many of you may be familiar with Odds and Ends Detailing as they have been in attendance and supportive of the Deutsche Marque Concours car shows for many years.

All of the car clubs involved in the Deutsche Marque Concours are invited to attend this clinic. Even if you don’t plan to attend the Deutsche Marque Concours, you are still invited to participate in this Detail Clinic. RSVPs are encouraged just to make sure that there are enough refreshments for the number of attendees. You may make your RSVP to Odds and Ends Detailing at services@OddsandEndsDetailing.com

http://oddsandendsdetailing.com/
    201 Davis Drive Suite LL
    Sterling, VA 20164
    703-675-8819
    Last edited by John in VA; 04-16-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Should be able to finally make it out this year (as a spectator)!

Is anyone else coming from out 7 in VA?

John, I see you're out my way, but 8 may be too early for me...but let me know if you need a hand with something

Also, pet policy (didn't notice anything on their page)?

- Chris
    Last edited by PettitWC; 04-15-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Chris,
    If you are talking about bringing a pet to the detailing workshop, I would check with the hosts.

Pets are welcome at the concours in Vienna, but must be on a leash - it's held at a Fairfax county park.
    http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/maps/nottowaymap.htm
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Pets are welcome at the concours in Vienna, but must be on a leash - it's held at a Fairfax county park.
    http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/maps/nottowaymap.htm
    Thanks, John

That's exactly what I was looking for, just didn't know if they had their own rules.

- Chris

2 weeks to go - let's hope we have a great day like today!
    This is the last week with registration at $30. It will go up to $40 after April 27th and at the show.

For this year, we have adopted the same judging criteria as the BMW CCA national Oktoberfest concours. I have also included the display rules to help you stage your car at the event.

Judging score sheet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NCC_CONCOURS_JUDGING_SHEET (revised 2014).pdf 
Views:	253 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	2014

Display rules:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeutscheMarqueConcoursRules (2) (1).pdf 
Views:	292 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	2015