Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Just a suggestion that has worked for me

Thread: Just a suggestion that has worked for me

Just a suggestion that has worked for me

I know a lot of us recommend people to our mechanics, our service advisors, or salesman, or plumber, etc. But, I think that just because we recommend people to them, we should not stop there. This is just my thoughts and what I've found to help me greatly. First, let me say that this might not work for all of you as well as it has for me -- but, I think it will help.

I purchased my Service Advisor, the service manager, my mechanic, etc ... Christmas gifts and periodic gifts through the year. I do this so that they remember me .. and as a sign of my appreciation. I have never been assigned a non-BMW loaner -- even though that is there policy. They are not expensive gifts -- like a bottle of wine, or tickets to a game, etc. But, they really appreciate it. Plus, if I need something done ASAP --- my car gets in right away without hassle.

Plus, if my plumber, or, someone that comes to work on my place, gives me a discount -- or goes out of there way, I tip them personally with cash. They tend to remember who I am ... and when I call in, they "promptly" will come over rather than tell me it's 4-5 weeks before they can get to me.

Just little things that I am sure people know about -- but, you'd be surprised -- not many people DO anything ... we all know life is about who you know ... not what you know. This is a great way to build good relationships. In my opinion, it's not enough to just "recommend" people to them ... more impt. to personally show you are appreciative of their efforts.

Sorry ... rambling and slow day at work

I hear you. I try to do the same.

Example: If the dancer is particularly hot, I'll actually put dollar bills in her g-string, not coins like I normally do. They all remember who I am at the gentleman's club!

That wasn't a dancer, man, that was an outback waitress.

On the plus side, she will remember you.

Thread Information