Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E39 front end upgrades

Thread: E39 front end upgrades

E39 front end upgrades

I'm looking to upgrade the nose of my E39 540i. I want to get a M5 replica bumper and new headlights. There are a couple brands to choose from and I hear lots of different stuff about why I should or shouldn't choose one or another. Has anyone here done this to their E39 and can point me in the right direction? Also if you know anything about how much it would cost to have everything installed and what not that'd be great. Thanks for any help!
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

Often-discussed topic on the E39 forums linked below. Try a search for previous threads on the subject:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...996-2003-(E39)
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103

You can find parts for sale at the classified sections of the forums above or here:
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/par...r-sale-wanted/

Cost - depends if you choose new vs. used vs. aftermarket parts, if the parts need repair/paint, and if you do the work yourself vs. pay a shop. There are many underbody pieces needed, not just the bumper covers.

Happy hunting!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BOOBEAR View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade the nose of my E39 540i. I want to get a M5 replica bumper and new headlights. There are a couple brands to choose from and I hear lots of different stuff about why I should or shouldn't choose one or another. Has anyone here done this to their E39 and can point me in the right direction? Also if you know anything about how much it would cost to have everything installed and what not that'd be great. Thanks for any help!
    When I had my e39, I purchased one of DDM Tuning's M5 bumper packages (not OEM). For the cost, I was pleasantly surprised! The one thing you need to realize is that will all aftermarket parts, you have to have reasonable expectations. Paint and finish are the most important things. Expect to pay around $300 for it to be properly painted.

As for headlights, the question is whether you have HIDs or standard bulbs. If you have factory HIDs, you'll need to stick to OEM lights. If you have standard bulbs, I've used the depo lenses in the past. They worked well and didn't look hideous.

Hope that helps.

$300 just to paint the front bumper before installation? I guess the only way I could afford to get this done is to buy an ill-fitting aftermarket bumper, rig it onto my front end in my driveway somehow, and then buy cans of plastidip for the entire car. That'd be the whole $300 right there.
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

If you can paint it your self you could save $$$$ try this if you feel comfortable trying !!! https://www.automotivetouchup.com

Thread Information