Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Run flats vs Regular tires

Thread: Run flats vs Regular tires

Run flats vs Regular tires

Do I really need run flats and is there a big difference between the two? Some say the regulars run smoother with less issues. Any experiences, please advice. Thank you

I think it really depends on how hard you push your bimmer. Our E90 325xi which is my wife's daily driver has run-flats. She's drivers above the posted speed limits but does not push the envelope. with her run-flats. I on the other hand with my E46 consistently push the envelope above the speed limit, using on and off ramps as sweepers, autocrossing and track days. I'm strictly a non run-flat driver for my vehicle. Just my two and a half cents worth...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I just replaced the runflats on my 335is with non-runflat Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They are more compliant and display a bit better steering response, at least in moderate normal driving. They're lighter than runflats, which in theory is better for performance driving. However, if you don't have runflats, you'll need some provision if a tire goes flat. Either a mobility kit or fix-a-flat or get a space saver spare and the tools to change a tire and figure out a way to secure them in your trunk, which BMW did not design for a spare tire.
    Note, the original equipment runflat rear Bridgestones were worn to less than 4/32" at 18,000 miles - time to replace them so I replaced all 4.

Just installed the Toyo Proxes 4 plus and they drive really smooth and quiet. Thought I should try them because of their 5star rating online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

That's the tire I run year-round in this area. I also track it at Summit Point and Autocross with them. I've never had any trouble track, autocross, rain, snow or shine with the Proxes 4+. Just my two and a half cents worth...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Apparently the actuator responsible for making my headlights adaptive is broken. BMW of Rockville is saying that means I will need a new headlight assembly costing $1800 plus. Anyone had any experience like this and does it really need all new assembly?
    Our braindump design tutorials offers easy to follow program to help you learn how to create elegant website designs.Download the MICROSOFT guide and University of California, Berkeley tutorial to get inspiration for your web project .

Quote Originally Posted by faris View Post
    Apparently the actuator responsible for making my headlights adaptive is broken. BMW of Rockville is saying that means I will need a new headlight assembly costing $1800 plus. Anyone had any experience like this and does it really need all new assembly?
    I had this happen to me as well. Unfortunately, I cannot recall what the fix/repair entailed or precisely how much it cost. I believe a new headlight is around $1,000 and of course you must add installation/programming. I was at BMW of Rockville recently with a 335xi and they quoted me $1,500 to replace the valve cover gasket. This was $300 more than Russel BMW in Catonsville wanted for the same repair. BMW of Rockville I believe is a bit more expensive and the $139/hr shop rate is to blame. If you are looking to save a little money call Russel and ask for Jamie Breneman (service manager) and request a quote. Of course, driving to catonsville might not be practical for you... but I'm just mentioning options. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    I had this happen to me as well. Unfortunately, I cannot recall what the fix/repair entailed or precisely how much it cost. I believe a new headlight is around $1,000 and of course you must add installation/programming. I was at BMW of Rockville recently with a 335xi and they quoted me $1,500 to replace the valve cover gasket. This was $300 more than Russel BMW in Catonsville wanted for the same repair. BMW of Rockville I believe is a bit more expensive and the $139/hr shop rate is to blame. If you are looking to save a little money call Russel and ask for Jamie Breneman (service manager) and request a quote. Of course, driving to catonsville might not be practical for you... but I'm just mentioning options. Best of luck to you.
    $300 More?!, I would probably do that job for $300!, plus parts.

Thread Information