Hi - I'm Don Noveau and have just acquired a 1997 Z3 2.8 in dumpfelgrun (sp?) over tan.

I am looking for suggestions on a local Rockville BMW shop for MD inspection and various fluid changes, etc.

History: Previously, I had a 2006 325 I black on black MT with sport and cold packages, which was very fine but I drove it way too fast. I thought the run flat Pirellis were awful and the key+starter button really dumb.

Other BMW's in the family (driven by my wife) include a CPO 2007 3 Sport Wagon currently, and preceded by a 2007 328 sedan, a 2004 530 (sport/premium) and a 2001 330 coupe. (She leased them.)

Recently, I went on a sports car search and looked at several older Boxsters. They all seemed to have that Porcshe option known as PPB (Porsche Personal Bankruptcy). In the first 10 feet of driving the Z3, I knew I had found the one. So I bought it, with 80,000 miles on it.

I had a fairly good list of things to check: Water tank, Diff mounts, window gaskets, etc. The numbers match, and underneath, it's absolutely dry and the rubber covers all look good. It runs strong and straight, and has a clear Carfax, showing new brakes and rotors only 20k miles ago. The body has...some patina. So, I rolled the dice.

Next up: MD inspection, which is why I am writing: Looking for suggestions on a reasonable/reliable shop in the Rockville area. Auto Centro seems good, but I have a feeling there are more BMW focused shops.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends at Club events!