Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
For All Autocrossers
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For All Autocrossers

For All Autocrossers

This video clip should be mandatory viewing before our autocross school.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Banned

Racing Games

Woody,

I just got my butt kicked on Sunday at my nieces bday party. She just turned 6. She beat me bad on the computer at Sponge Bob Racing. She has the tracks memomorized and did it using the keyboard not a joystick or steering wheel. I would have let her win but she lapped me. Knowing my luck she would probably beat me bad at a herding trial too and get HIT (High in Trial) with my dog!

I don't think I can enter that many penalties in the timing computer?

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 02-23-2005 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Woody,

I just got my butt kicked on Sunday at my nieces bday party. She just turned 6. She beat me bad on the computer at Sponge Bob Racing. She has the tracks memomorized and did it using the keyboard not a joystick or steering wheel. I would have let her win but she lapped me. Knowing my luck she would probably beat me bad at a herding trial too and get HIT (High in Trial) with my dog!
    I know the feeling. I was trying in vain the other night to beat my 10 year old son's lap times on the Rome Circuit in Gran Turismo 3 (GT3). I was driving for all I was worth and could only get within about 1.5 to 2 seconds.

I can still beat him on the other tracks, but probably not for much longer.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

LOL. The kid isn't even driving! He's just steering along to the replay
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Well he is actually learning to drive, sort of. He has figured out all of the proper places to brake and turn on Rome circuit. His weapon of choice is one of the F1 cars in the game. He still has trouble with the concept that he has to change his driving style based on the car he is driving. But he has found that the F1 cars suit his driving style. Keep your foot to the floor, brake at the last possible moment (with the accelerator still floored), and quick turn-in.

It has been interesting trying to educate a 10 year old on the finer points of trail braking, weight transfer, the proper line, and how these factors effect the different vehicle layouts. Teaching physics through video games.
    2001 330i (my car)

It's the "Drive like that and you'll be picking up cones while we eat pizza" method of autocrossing!

Here is my movies from a Rosecroft event in '03...

http://www.ellmore.net/movies/
    Doug Ellmore,Sr.
    www.ellmore.net
    '74 2002tii
    '01 Z3 3.0

Why can't I go up against drivers like that :>!
    Doug Ellmore,Sr.
    www.ellmore.net
    '74 2002tii
    '01 Z3 3.0

Nice finish.

http://tom.kat.free.fr/mini.wmv

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Nice finish.

http://tom.kat.free.fr/mini.wmv

---Eric
    Jebus, thats amazing

is that a supercharger sounds I hear?
    Last edited by ChosenGSR; 05-16-2005 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry

On this past saturday, my car decided it no longer needed reverse... then first gear also up and went bye... Need a new transmisssion... Looks like video games are the only autoxing I'm going to be doing...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

And people complain about the size of the autocross lots we use. Can you imagine threading a 540i through that course.
    2001 330i (my car)

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    On this past saturday, my car decided it no longer needed reverse... then first gear also up and went bye... Need a new transmisssion... Looks like video games are the only autoxing I'm going to be doing...
    Sorry to hear that. You have not been having very good luck lately.

Do you think the transmission problems are related to the accident you had in the fall?
    2001 330i (my car)

Thread Information