Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
XM radio installation

Thread: XM radio installation

XM radio installation

I recently bought a 2003 330i with the optional Harmon Kardon car audio package. This is supposedly ready for Sirius satellite radio, but I want to use XM instead. Has anyone installed XM in a similar car? Does anyone have a recommendation for a car audio installation shop?

As far as I know there are a few options to integrate XM into our cars as if it was Serius. I don't remember of the top of my head but give e46fanatics.com a search in their Audio section, there are a few good threads.

I was quite impressed by Car Spa -- they did an alarm removal, amplifier troubleshoot & electrical restoration for me.

3846 South Four Mile Run, Arlington, VA
    (703) 820-5400

Thanks for the info, guys! I'll check out both.

XM Direct

I just installed XM in my wife's '05 X3. We were even abe to use the existing sharkfin antenna. The text scroll function does not work, otherwise its a decent set up.

http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1804

http://www.xmradio.com/xm_direct/factory_installed.jsp

A reliable place to get a good deal on hardware:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/
    Last edited by dinan323; 04-29-2005 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo

Can you explain how you used the sharkfin antenna, which is used for telematics, bmw assist.

A few more details....

I have to dig up the links that I referenced, but in short, once you locate the satellite radio connections in the rear of the car, you can use the blue antenna lead. The shape of these connections make them pretty obvious.

The XM Direct unit on has one antenna input as it is a more recent tuner that the factory one. The blue factory tunner conneciton is the satellite antenna, and the white connection is the terestrial antenna.

Outside of that, the radio needs to be removed in order to swap the white plugs in the back. One if for the CD Changer (connected by default) and the other is for the satellite audio (tied back on the harness).

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e85/5803012-1.html
    Last edited by dinan323; 05-07-2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Found one of the links....

Thread Information