Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New member in Bmore. Looking forward to meeting other BMW owners :-)

Thread: New member in Bmore. Looking forward to meeting other BMW owners :-)

Threaded View

Red face New member in Bmore. Looking forward to meeting other BMW owners :-)

Thanks for allowing me to join the community... My first question is...Does anyone have experience with intermittent overheating on a 2006 325xi (104,000 miles)?

The car overheated 2 weeks ago (9/13), so I took it to my mechanic (certified BMW independent shop ) who saw the coolant level was a bit low but couldn't find any leaks in the coolant system. He Pressure tested twice, flushed coolant - okay. Of course it didn't overheat when they test drove it. I left thinking all was good, then 4 days later (9/20) 10 minutes into a 20 minute drive, the overheat red light pops on again. I kept driving for another 5 minutes to my destination (with low acceleration and a low fan noise) and parked. 45 minutes later I drive the car back home (20 minutes) without any problems??

NOTE: on 9/5, a week before the 1st overheating issue, the same shop performed my 100k service (replaced spark plugs, flushed coolant, break fluid, replaced air and cabin filters $750) In June 2013, they replaced a leaking oil pan gasket and did an oil change.

Something tells me to take the car to the dealer for a more reliable diagnosis... Any thoughts? Or suggestions of another mechanic you trust in the Baltimore area?

Thanks for all comments...:-) I love my little beamer, but if it requires any major expensive repairs I may have to downgrade to a Sonata.. :-(
    Last edited by MsM$; 09-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Thread Information