Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Specialty Tools (Rental?)

Thread: Specialty Tools (Rental?)

Specialty Tools (Rental?)

I was wondering if NCC does any specialty BMW tool rentals, similar to other BMWCCA clubs around the country?

Specifically, I'm looking for the S14/S38 double ended valve tappet for the E30 M3. I could shell out the $100+ for it, but if there was some way to contribute to the local chapter too/instead, I'd much rather do that.

If not, is there any interest in that type of program?

Thanks for any help!

Bryan
    '88 M3

Quote Originally Posted by sirrus
    I was wondering if NCC does any specialty BMW tool rentals, similar to other BMWCCA clubs around the country?
    No, unfortunately not. Maybe someone has one to borrow? http://koalamotorsport.com also rents tools.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    No, unfortunately not. Maybe someone has one to borrow? http://koalamotorsport.com also rents tools.
    That's too bad...

Koala rents a whole kit but it would make more sense just to buy the tool at that rate and I would've rather somehow supported NCC if it was available locally.

Would anyone be willing to rent one out?

References available

Check with members over at www.s14.net they might be able to help you out.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    Check with members over at www.s14.net they might be able to help you out.
    Good luck
    Yup. I just wanted to check locally first.

Thanks!

The other thing is to buy it, and then let people know you have it for loan, or rent.

The way a group of us has been doing it, is that when we do a job using my garage, the owner of the car buys any special tools, then they get donated to the group for future projects. And with 9 BMWs amoung 4 people, we will have LOTS of projects.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Yes would love to see or hear from someone that has a Vanos locking tool so I can replace my M50 cams with my S50 units.

Buy the tool, come up to my garage and use it. Leave the tool. It WILL be used again.

BTW the person whose car is being worked on buys lunch.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

I have access to a multicar lift sorry with air tools and wheel balancer and mounter plus numerous other things. Base Auto skills center.

But if I do you are more than welcome to use it.

Got one today from a mac dealer going out of business for $150 A braum set.

Thread Information