Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Are x5's allowed in autox's?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are x5's allowed in autox's?

Are x5's allowed in autox's?

I want to get my dad involved in this next summer with me. :twisted:

But I haven't seen/or heard of anyone autox'ing an x5, so I figured I'd ask.
    ~Chris
    '96 328is

I do not believe we have a rule against SUVs at an autocross. I have seen an X5 at Road Atlanta do very well. But that is something to ask Kevin or Fatih.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Someone brought an X5 out last season....on Hoosiers no less.

While it may be permitted, I would suggest you and he share your car.

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    Hahahahaha! I remember that. When Han and Alex from Salazar Racing had that bet for a case of beer. I was asking Han why he was putting on R comps on his car to take on Alex and then he pointed over at the X5 and I saw Hoosiers on it.

I said "yeah, but still, do you need to switch to Rcomps to beat Alex?" He said that he gave Alex 5 seconds.

Han ended up buying the beer.

But, but, but I want him to tear up his tires before he puts on new ones!
    ~Chris
    '96 328is

Jed,
    It's wasn't Han that lost the bet with Alex May, but me. I wasn't counting on Alex showing up on Hoosiers (he had them mounted just for this event) and a 30 second course. It's hard to make up 5 seconds on such a short course. At least I delivered the case of beer warm on a night when he had no power.
    Woody Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Hahahahaha! I remember that. When Han and Alex from Salazar Racing had that bet for a case of beer. I was asking Han why he was putting on R comps on his car to take on Alex and then he pointed over at the X5 and I saw Hoosiers on it.

I said "yeah, but still, do you need to switch to Rcomps to beat Alex?" He said that he gave Alex 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    Jed,
    It's wasn't Han that lost the bet with Alex May, but me. I wasn't counting on Alex showing up on Hoosiers (he had them mounted just for this event) and a 30 second course. It's hard to make up 5 seconds on such a short course. At least I delivered the case of beer warm on a night when he had no power.
    Woody Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Jed

Nice Woody! :supz:

Pete

That was a pretty funny event.... but I think the Hoosiers were the right size for his Porsche?
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

That was the only thing that rocked about the postage stamp lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    That was the only thing that rocked about the postage stamp lot.
    Yeah, Alex turned in really good times!!!

Nah, the SAV rocked back and forth.

It was awesome seeing that thing go around the track. Tell me when you're gonna be out, Chris!
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

I can't believe anyone would want to autocross an X5... I sure wouldn't want to be on-course when one of those things was going around.

Actually I've seen Cayennes run at PCA autoxes. Crazy stuff. But they turned in decent times-better than what one would suspect.

I have pics somewhere of it and Nick's old wagon (minus front sway) was leaning over significantly further.

Personally I find watching a certain E36M3 lift its tires in every section is more alarming...at least until I was used to it

Thread Information