Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
! Series alarm question

Thread: ! Series alarm question

Question ! Series alarm question

Does anyone have a 135i that has the interior motion sensor alarm?

Factory or dealer installed?

Comments?

Thanks -

AND YES - After 10 years, "Senior Moment" has been replaced with "Blue Tang O".
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

I believe almost all BMW alarms are pre-wired from the factory then installed/coded at the dealer. Is there a more specific question about the motion sensor? They all tend to work the same across all BMW models.

Lots of 1 series info on 1addicts.com
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

No luck with pre-wiring or the dealer. They even ordered in the parts, but then realized they could not do an install. So...Blue Tang O has the standard lock, tracking, and kill stuff, but no audible alarm.

I will live with it.

NOTE: They are taking bets at Northwest BMW as to when I will get my first speeding ticket......

Headed to Afton and then Manassas VA today.
    Last edited by SpongeBob; 08-16-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Bob Stern

BMW of Towson installed mine in early 2009. I There is a manufacturing cutoff date for dealer installed alarms in 2009, but I don't know what that is about - maybe that is the encoding mentioned above. I wish I could selectively turn off the interior motion sensor as well as the vibration sensor. Apparently, at this year's Grand Prix a car passing near mine set off my alarm when I was not around. I have also locked the car with my dog in the car (sunroof open, not a hot day) and she set it off while I was in Subway getting lunch.

Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Alarm for 1 Series

Quote Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy View Post
    BMW of Towson installed mine in early 2009. I There is a manufacturing cutoff date for dealer installed alarms in 2009, but I don't know what that is about - maybe that is the encoding mentioned above. I wish I could selectively turn off the interior motion sensor as well as the vibration sensor. Apparently, at this year's Grand Prix a car passing near mine set off my alarm when I was not around. I have also locked the car with my dog in the car (sunroof open, not a hot day) and she set it off while I was in Subway getting lunch.

Rick
    I'm living without the alarm...so the "nose" under my mirror never blinks. Since the car is dead without the key, and they apparently can track it, I gave up. When I walk around the car to open the door for my wife, the car warns "no key"...so it is fairly sensitive.

Oh - traded my detector for the Bell PRO 500. So far, no tickets.
    Bob Stern

Thread Information