Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Be careful driving 395S near Seminary Rd

Thread: Be careful driving 395S near Seminary Rd

Be careful driving 395S near Seminary Rd

I was going down 395 South yesterday and hit a bump in the middle lane that was so bad that it bent my rim beyond repair. I was just past The Seminary Rd exit going down the hill towards the Little River Turnpike Exit. What's bad is that BMW discontinued my rims in 18 inches. I would really appreciate any help finding someone selling a front double spoke style 71 rim for 2004 e46!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	1839   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	126 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	1838   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	127 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	1837  

Thanks! It looks like they have them. I'll call them in the morning.

They didn't have them when I called. I finally found some at allfactorywheels.com. I ordered them last night and will let you guys now how they look when I get them in.

I have used a local shop that does nearly perfect (perfect in my case repairs). They even pick up your wheel and return it. Last turnaround was about three days, and they are inexpensive. I recommend them.
    http://www.wheelrefinisher.com/
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I finally got a replacement rim. Thanks to Rod at National Wheel near Fredericksburg. This guy has over 5,000 rims at his shop which includes tons of Refinished BMW rims. His number is 703-887-0621. He'll ship you the rim or drop it off at some of the shops in the area.

My experience with allfactorywheels kind of sucked. I ordered the rim online on Monday 8/5/13. It was supposed to have shipped out on Tuesday and arrived on Thursday. I call on Friday and was told they inspected rim on Tuesday and found a crack in it. I didn't get any explanation as to why they didn't call me on Tuesday when they figured this out. The guy on the phone promises to search the country for a rim all weekend. I call on Monday 8/12/13 and hear they didn't find one so I ask for my $400 back. I'm told it was going to take 3 days to return the money. I call back next Monday and am told congratulation because they just refunded my money that morning. It still took until Wednesday 8/21/13 afternoon to get the money back into my account. So basically I wasted 2 and a half weeks with them!

Thread Information