Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
5/21/2005 Autocross Registration - Open
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5/21/2005 Autocross Registration - Open

5/21/2005 Autocross Registration - Open

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

As far as I understand "heat" is like your run group? Does that mean that heat 1 will run before heat 2 etc? What would you suggest for a noob?

Second or third would be fine, if you want to get there early (8am), walk before each heat, watch as much as you can before you drive. If you don't mind being there all day....

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    As far as I understand "heat" is like your run group? Does that mean that heat 1 will run before heat 2 etc? What would you suggest for a noob?
    We run 3 heats and each heat is split into 2 run groups. The first half of the heat runs while the second half works, then they switch.

Heats begin at 9:30 AM, with each heat following at approximately two hour intervals. Registration closes at noon. You must register at the event at least one hour prior to your heat or before registration closes, whichever is earlier. All events open for registration and technical inspection at 8:00 AM.

For this event, I would say to go for heat 1 or 3. A lot of the experience people seem to be registering for heat 2. It is easier to get an instructor when they aren't driving.

During heat 1 an instructor will have more energy but by waiting for heat 3 you can arrive early and have more time to watch and learn the course.

---Eric

How does this registration (online) correlate to the registration at the event? At the Autocross school (porsche) I was told that there are practice runs that happen prior to the actual event, do we have that? I think heat 3 is definitely for me, I want to be able to soak in as much information as I can as I have no experience at all I'll definitely need an instructor or some help at least at first

Practice runs? No.

I've done a few PCA events and never saw any practice runs there either. That must be what they call it when the BMW's show up and take FTD.

How does this registration (online) correlate to the registration at the event? At the Autocross school (porsche) I was told that there are practice runs that happen prior to the actual event, do we have that? I think heat 3 is definitely for me, I want to be able to soak in as much information as I can as I have no experience at all I'll definitely need an instructor or some help at least at first
    On-site registration is for people who didn't pre-register online. It is also where you will checkin and pay. Our events do fill up so I would highly recommend pre-registering (online).

No, we don't do practice runs. You just walk the course and drive. The "practice runs" were probably just for the school.

---Eric

I see… I might have misunderstood the instructor... It was very overwhelming, much information in so little time. I am sure it’s going to be a blast. Am I going to be the only first timer or are there usually a few of us?

Thanks Eric for all the info

I see… I might have misunderstood the instructor... It was very overwhelming, much information in so little time. I am sure it’s going to be a blast. Am I going to be the only first timer or are there usually a few of us?

Thanks Eric for all the info
    The first event of the season usually has the most new people. Right now, 5 people have registered this as their first event. 7 people have registered as "Novice" - Sorry Glenn and James, you don't qualify as novices.

---Eric

Wonderful Eric what is the entrance fee for autocrosses? I don't see it on the main site...

Wonderful Eric what is the entrance fee for autocrosses? I don't see it on the main site...
    For Bowie, I think it is $20 for members and $25 for non. Pete will have to confirm this.

---Eric

That is correct, $20 for members and $25 for non members. Keep in mind that Members get priority registration.

Eric, Shouldn't that be on the website? It was last year.

Pete
    NCC Autocross Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    That is correct, $20 for members and $25 for non members. Keep in mind that Members get priority registration.

Eric, Shouldn't that be on the website? It was last year.

Pete
    NCC Autocross Chairman
    Why are you asking me? I just handle the emails (lots and lots of emails).

The info is on the website but it is old. I sent you a PM about it.

For anyone interested in becoming a member, membership information is located here: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?membership

---Eric

Are the results of the autox school going to be posted at any time... just curious. I'm looking forward to the first real event.
    ~Colin
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    Are the results of the autox school going to be posted at any time... just curious. I'm looking forward to the first real event.
    ~Colin
    Eventually... Just not for a while. There was some registration issues that are delaying them.

---Eric

Thread Information