Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27

Chapter Event 09/21/2013 - BMW Night at Bengies Drive-In, Baltimore, MD: 09-21-2013
  • 09-21-2013
    *The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
    Calendar
    Social

09/21/2013 - BMW Night at Bengies Drive-In, Baltimore, MD

Join us for a blast from the past as we head back to Bengies Drive-In movie theatre in Baltimore, MD. We had a great turnout in the summer as we watched 3 current movies for less than $10. Not only is that a fantastic deal, but you'll be hanging out amongst your BMW brethern under the stars watching films on the BIGGEST DIGITAL MOVIE THEATRE SCREEN in the US. Very cool!

Bengies Drive-In
    3417 Eastern Boulevard
    Baltimore, MD 21220

Meet location/Caravan: White Marsh Mall, 5pm meet and caravan to Bengies at 5:30pm. Box office opens at 6pm.

We will meet at the same location as our last trek to Bengies. Coming from I-95 and left onto White Marsh Blvd, turn right onto Campbell Blvd and into the White Marsh Mall area. Our caravan will start in the parking lot in between PF Changs and Sears, directly in front of you when turning onto Campbell Blvd.

Showtime begins around dusk and you can leave whenever you want (no requirement to stay for all movies). We need to be in line when the box office opens at 6pm so we can all park together. If you miss our caravan, pray that the box office line isn't as long as my previous visits there (very painful process).

BENGIES HOUSE RULES
    Please read through all the house rules using the link above. There are a lot of rules, but all make sense.
    * All daytime running lights and automatic lights (including angel eyes), will be required to be turned off when you get to the box office and for the duration of the evening (strictly enforced BEFORE you enter)
    * No outside food/drink allowed unless you purchase a $10 food/drink permit
    * Trucks/SUVs have there own parking areas, so if you want to park with everyone else, bring a car

Items you may want to bring (in order of importance):
    * Cash (box office only takes cash, snack bar accepts plastic)
    * Bug spray
    * Lawn chairs
    * Portable radio (movie sound comes thru you car radio, so you can sit outside of your car & listen to the portable radio; engines can not be turned on once movies are on)
    * Pets (must be on a leash at all times when outside of vehicle)
    * Blankets
    * Jumper cables (hopefully not needed)

This event is open to all CCA members, their friends, families, and all BMW enthusiasts. We'd like to show everyone that BMW owners are NOT jerks, so no donuts, revving engines, or irresponsible driving allowed; you'll be forced to park with the mini-vans.

Last note: Please re-read the House Rules on their website...did I mention there are a lot of them?

RSVP'd yes: 8
    • pseto 07-16-2013 06:18 PM
    • bimmer32five 09-15-2013 09:29 PM - +1
    • impulss 09-16-2013 07:02 AM
    • cconover 09-16-2013 11:31 PM
    • yesfan 09-18-2013 08:07 AM - Will be there....Drive-ins are cool Paige and Susan 88 M5
    • daiyst9 09-20-2013 08:14 PM - Tina and Shermoan will be there.
    • pherr89 09-21-2013 08:35 AM
    • Coupenut 09-21-2013 09:00 AM
    RSVP'd maybe: 3
    • Zchild 07-16-2013 08:20 PM
    • rotorheadbob 07-16-2013 09:17 PM - I hope to go again.
    • thotts 09-16-2013 11:19 AM - if I feel like driving there after the DIY

Thread: 09/21/2013 - BMW Night at Bengies Drive-In, Baltimore, MD: 09-21-2013

Bump for next Saturday's BMW at Bengies meet...won't know what's playing until Wednesday and we'll update then.
      Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
      2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
      2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
      Bump for next Saturday's BMW at Bengies meet...won't know what's playing until Wednesday and we'll update then.
      paul,

this is Peter Wang. can I arrive late? I want to attend but probably can't leave til 5-6

Quote Originally Posted by impulss View Post
      paul,

this is Peter Wang. can I arrive late? I want to attend but probably can't leave til 5-6
      As long as the box office is open and there's no sellout, you should be able to get you in. Now that it's past Labor Day and there's no big movie premieres this weekend, should be fine. Get some of the other BA folks to show up.

Just announced: The Butler, The Family, and We're the Millers will be playing this weekend at Bengies.

Obviously, my attempt to have them show Rush has failed

Oh well, a good lineup of movies to hang out and watch under the stars!
      Last edited by pseto; 09-17-2013 at 03:55 PM.

I liked The Family. My wife thought it was a bit too violent. I loved it.
      ...steven
      BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
      I liked The Family. My wife thought it was a bit too violent. I loved it.
      My kind of movie! I saw We're the Millers which I thought was pretty funny, but I have the mind of a 13 year old. I'm sure no one else is as immature as me

Had to watch the trailer again.
      ...steven
      BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Looks like a wash out. I took our BMW 650i grand coupe home from work, on loan from BMW NA, to bring to the event too! Frozen brown, m-sport. Oh well, might not be able to show it off to everyone.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	1909
      2011 335i M-Sport 6MT & 2015 x5 35d

Should've brought it out...6 of us went. It was raining the whole time, but still fun.

Thread Information