Hello all, my name is Trevor and I've been a lifelong BMW admirer. My father got bit by the bug when we lived in Europe and he passed it along to me since it was my formative years (ages 5-15). We were reassigned state side in 1988 (Air Force) and we imported a 1976 Bavaria 3.0S, which I took it to my senior prom

Our last overseas duty station was Aviano Italy and there, my Mom worked for the COMM group commander, who just so happened to also be a huge BMW enthusiast. He returned state-side in 1986 or 1987 (can't remember, will have to reference the paperwork) and he imported a 1972 3.0 CSi. He was the 2nd owner as it was originally purchased new in Bologna, Italy by a doctor in 1972 and sold to the Colonel. Fast forward to 1995 and the Colonel knew my father's shared love affair and offered to sell it to him. Without hesitation, my father snatched it up and it's been his since. Hard to believe, but this 1972 German spec 3.0 CSi has only ever had 3 owners. My father has requested my help in selling the car since I live closer to the D.C. region than he does and I obviously obliged. That said, I'm here mainly to get some input on how to price car. I'm currently in the process of detailing it and going through all the paperwork so that I can answer any questions.

I have personally run a similar (but much more loosely organized) group of car enthusiast for the 1999-2002 Mercury Cougar. I've been turning wrenches since 17 and haven't paid more than $3K over the last 22 years for mechanical work outside my own work. I've done everything from building a 450hp (at the wheels) 3.0L Turbo system for a 1999 Cougar to rebuilding a couple automatic transmissions, header installs, suspension overhauls, and everything else down to changing the oil on everything I've owned ... you might call me a gear head ... is that a step up or down from shade tree mechanic? Looking forward to getting to know this platform better (E9) as I dig through the manuals, associated paperwork with the car and detailing it. Also looking forward to attending some local events and getting to know you guys. Cheers from WV!