Posted by: ShadeTree

Description: I am placing this ad for my father's 1990 BMW 735iL. The vehicle in at my parents' home near Ocean City, MD, and my father plans to sell it locally. Before he lists it, I figured there may be someone here that might appreciate this vehicle. I can bring it to Northern VA if someone is seriously interested.The vehicle has about 408,000 miles on it. Most of the miles are highway miles. My father is the original owner. For most of it's life, it's been garage kept. To my knowledge, everything works (A/C, power windows, power locks, rear leveler, rear defroster, etc.). The radiator was recently replaced. It has the original engine and it's on its second transmission. The factory radio/head unit was replaced with a Blaupunkt CD head unit.There is very little rust on the body. The paint needs the help of a detailer due to car wash scratches. I buffed it for about 30 minutes with Griots #2 machine polish; two of the doors and the trunk lid could use a good deal more polishing). While the car has been in no accidents, years ago, a branch fell on the hood, and it's been repainted. The repaint job wasn't great (he took it back, but the re-repaint job wasn't mush better). There's a gouge in the rear bumper and a small dent near the license plate (looks like an SUV pulled in too far in a parking lot). The leather has no tears, but it does have cracking in the traditional places near the edges of the seats. The leather has been treated a few times over the years, so it's not brittle. I believe the headliner has been replaced.The vehicle has mostly been maintained by OC Imports in Ocean City. For larger repairs, they used to take it to BMW of Princeton (probably has not been there in 10 years). My dad may have all of the service records. I know he has the original sticker.I'm shooting in the dark on how to price this. Looking at cars.com, the cheapest 7 series that I could find was $3k (a 1988 735i). There's a 1990 735i for $4k. While the mileage is much lower on those two cars, I am guessing those vehicles have been through several owners. I think $3500 is a fair price. If you're interested in the car, please write me. If you think I am way off on price (even if you're not interested in buying), please let me know. It's best to contact me via e-mail at rshanley at gmail. I do have more pictures. They're all so-so quality (forgot my camera on my last trip home, so they're all taken with my iPhone). Thank you for your interest.

More...