Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Which radar detector is the best? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which radar detector is the best?

I have a V1 hardwired in my car along with the Blinder M20 laser jammer set-up. I've owned several Passports over the years including the most recent top of the line X50, however none of them can compare with the V1 as far as performance and hard install options. I'm gonna have the V1 hard installed in my M5 with the Stealthone by Jaric design, and the lidatek (numerous M5 owners, exotic car owners, and led foot owners around the country swear by it) lidar/laser jammer. Then I'll have the ultimate set-up. If you're gonna do it, spare no expense. That's always my thought process.

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...er/default.asp
    http://www.lidatek.com/
    http://store.stealth-one.com/
    "Supplying Your Dreams"
    '02-'03 BMW M5 Dinan S2 Package-Spring '06
    '00 BMW 540iA Sport Package, Premium Package-Have
    '03 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG-Have
    '02 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE7-Sold
    '00 Mercedes Benz ML320-Sold
    '98 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 5-speed-Totalled

Fascinating discussion, wwb4. I've got a K40 Electronics front and rear hardwired radar receiver in my 2001 M5. It has saved me many a ticket and is very good...but didn't spare me one 3 weeks ago in Virginia. But don't jump to conclusions. The ticket wasn't for speeding, it was for use of a radar detector in Virginia ("forgot" to turn it off en route to the Tar Heel Chapter's Drivers School ). The Va. Highway Patrol Officer was quite decent about it, and even confirmed that the Valentine (V, as you call it) has the best radar-jamming and detecting unit on the market that avoids detection by their most sensitive gear.

How do you like your Dinan enhancements in your M5? How much improved performance are you getting from it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum
    The valentine has directional indicators that provide a better head's up of where the radar signal is coming from, and IMHO provides better sensitivity and signal selectivity. You also have some really neat mounting options if you have an E46 or E39, since you can tap into the power from the sunroof. See the attached: http://www.ideaphile.com/bmw/mods/v1/index.html

Either way, don't scrimp on this purchase - go with the top of the line or don't go at all. Mine has saved my but several times.

Rich
    E39 M5
    +1
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

Thread Information