Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Tint removal?

Thread: Tint removal?

Tint removal?

I just bought a 330i ZHP, and the rear window has tint that is bubbling and won't pass MD inspection. Where do people recommend I go to have the tint removed, at an affordable price? Since it's the rear window I'd rather pay somebody with the right experience and equipment so that the defroster wires don't get damaged.

This is great weather for removing tint with ammonia and black trashbags, baking in the near-90 degrees temps:
    http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index....nt_page_1.html
    I don't know any place in your area, but doubt any would/could guarantee they won't damage the defroster wires.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I don't necessarily expect anyone to guarantee no damage, but I'm betting a reputable shop will have a lot more experience removing tint than I do, since I've never in my life done it before :-)

I removed my tint and by far the easiest method is to use a steamer used to remove wall paper.

Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-10-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information