Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Amtrak Auto Train Comments?

Thread: Amtrak Auto Train Comments?

Amtrak Auto Train Comments?

Michael (My Brother) is thinking of taking family to Florida using the Auto Train to Florida and would like to get feedback from people that have used the train.

His Questions:
    1) How the food workL
    2) What Kind of food?
    3) Any Insider suggestions...

Thanks,
    Peter

414 Water Street Tower Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD
    Ok, love the AUTO-TRAIN. However, it's a go big or go home situation. You need to get a family cabin for privacy and for piece of mind. The operating staff feed the occupants of the train in shifts and you get your meal shift assigned when you arrive. The food is good. The service is excellent and then after dinner they turn down the beds and organize the cabin for sleeping arrangements. The next day you have breakfast in shifts and there are showers available on the train (yes while you are in motion...) There is a car on the train with windows all around and occupants can move from car to car with ease. They also have a dining car and they show movies in some places on the train. You arrive in Sanford Florida around 8:00 8:30 and you can be on the road (25 minutes from Disney) by 10:00 10:30. Over all it's an excellent operation. Bring something to read. Bring some snacks. Look forward to a new adventure and Relax! I have used the auto train 4 or 5 times. My brother moved a motor cycle and I have moved 2 cars from the north to the South and back.

Quote Originally Posted by PVanSickler View Post
    Michael (My Brother) is thinking of taking family to Florida using the Auto Train to Florida and would like to get feedback from people that have used the train.

His Questions:
    1) How the food workL
    2) What Kind of food?
    3) Any Insider suggestions...

Thanks,
    Peter
    I drove down last year, and I hate the interstate, but getting to Jacksonville in a day isn't bad, and was hundreds $$ less money.( in an Elantra)

I've done it twice. Once with my E31 and once with my motorcycle. I can't recommend it highly enough. Get a sleeper berth if you can. If not look for seats on the lower level of the coach, there are fewer people and it's much quieter.
    The food and service were great and are as described in post #2. Make a decision and reserve early as the prices go up significantly the closer you get to your travel dates.
    James Laws
    Membership Committee

00 740iS, 89 635CSi, 88 M6
    92 850i, 84 745i, 84 635CSi

Thread Information