Looking for input on how one would handle such a matter as we're currently involved in w/ our 09' 535i X Drive.

2 days ago the car stalled out due to the well known HPFP failure. Since we still had a factory warranty balance I had it towed to Sterling BMW for repair. The car was taken in no fuss no muss, a few other under warranty service items were added to the list of items to perform.
Yesterday the service rep calls me and asks me if I'd removed the Sirius Sat module from the car, because the reprogram sequence required after replacing HPFP fails because the sat module was part of the car's orig equipment. I tell him "No, I wouldn't even know where to find it." and " No, we never activated Sirius service."

I then call the dealer we bought the car from 6 months ago (Advantage Certified, Manassas) to tell them what Sterling BMW just told me. They seem a bit stumped as they bought the car off lease, etc, etc. Surprisingly Adv Cert's contact the Sterling service rep to have a chat. Adv Cert calls me back and explain how they're confused as to why Sterling wouldn't just bypass the module during the MOS flash and finish programming the car. The Sterling rep tells me he can't do that with the equipment he has and requires a "software authorization code" from BMW North America in order to proceed. Now we have to wait the weekend to see what BMW N.A. has to say about all this.

So obviously somewhere along the way the Sat module was removed from the vehicle for whatever reason. I trust Adv Cert as this is our second car from them and 2 of my close friends have 4 cars between them from this dealer w/o issue. I'm at a loss. I don't even recall if the sat option was part of the option list when I bought the car. I don't need the sat option per se. Obviously Sterling doesn't owe me a Sat module, but should I be charged for all this extra foot work on their part to resolve this issue and not even end up w/ a sat module. What is Adv Cert's responsibility in this? All I can say is why me? Opinions welcome.