Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone like to do fun rallies?

Thread: Anyone like to do fun rallies?

Smile Anyone like to do fun rallies?

I am a member of the Bel Air , MD Rotary Club. We have been kicking aroung the idea of a fun rally as a fund raising event. The funds go to the Bel Air Rotary Foundation, which funds local sholarships and non-profit organizations, and service projects such as the YMCA, Meals on Wheels, etc. We plan to give a dictionary to every third grade public shcool student in the Bel Air area again this year.

It has probabley been about thirty years since I have driven in a rally, but I rembember some of the basics.

If anyone would like to give me some pointers, so that this event does not turn into a complete fiasco, I would appreciate it.

Nebulous plans at present call for sometime in the fall, one to two hours in length, ending up at a restaurant where everyone can order a bite to eat on their own.

I would imagine that we need someone to lay out the course, someone else to pre-run the course, perhaps one or two checkpoints, a starter, a few people to check folks in at the end.

Any thoughts are gratefully accepted.

I have put on some TSD rallies and fun rallies.
    If you want we can always make it a chapter event.

Better to do a gimmick or fun rally.
    TSD rallies require a lot of people to man checkpoints.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Here is a thought. For one of my fun rallies I designed a route to Summit Point. The route instructions where basic but had few mileages and the directions followed a set of priorties.

1. Follow Numbered Route Instruction.
    2. Go straight.
    3. Right at T.
    So basically if someone needs to turn left on Main Street and come upon an intersection called First Street. They continued straight. Couldn't execute rule 1 so the followed rule 2. They keep on driving and come to a T name Second Street. Still can't do rule 1, can't do rule 2 so they turn right. Eventually they should see Main Street and turn left to execute rule 1.

Then to add to the fun you ask people to answer questions along the way.
    They can be in order or random. I prefer to group them in random order in sections. Avoid counting of items. You also need places for people to be able to pull over. You can also use trivia questions that rely on a theme. I used BMW trivia. Like what was the first BMW produced in the Spartanburg (Greer) plant?

You can have bonus points for those who run the route within 0.x miles.
    Set up an odo section during the first couple miles.

Each team needs to be at least 2 people.
    You can have a class for families, 2 person teams.

You don't want it hard enough that people give up yet you want to make it a challenge so people need to think.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Talking Steven - did this once with you

Please supply name of club divorce lawyer....if I do it again...

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob
    Please supply name of club divorce lawyer....if I do it again...
    We don't rally anymore.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Before we were married, and in the early years of our marriage, we rallied on a regular basis.
    We fought......her> <me
    We are comming up on our 35th anniversary.
    I guess if a relationship can survive a rally it can surive marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I have put on some TSD rallies and fun rallies.
    If you want we can always make it a chapter event.

Better to do a gimmick or fun rally.
    TSD rallies require a lot of people to man checkpoints.
    Would we be able to do a fund raiser for the Bel Air Rotary Club, and still have it be a NCC event?

Quote Originally Posted by rluckan
    Would we be able to do a fund raiser for the Bel Air Rotary Club, and still have it be a NCC event?
    Sure. We sponsor charity events. Hey, if there is someone willing to do the work you are not going to hear me complain.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information