Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Windshield replacement 325ic

Thread: Windshield replacement 325ic

Windshield replacement 325ic

I have now 2 cracks in my windshield. The first one has been there for about 4 yrs in the corner, no issues. Yesterday a new one showed up along the bottom of my windshield, several inches long. Figure its time to replace it. Any thoughts on the mobile windshield replacement services vs using a BMW servcice center? I drive/work betweeen Annapolis, Largo, and Towson, MD. Have not called my insurance co yet. Any recommendations for service? 1994 325i convertible. Thanks
    Last edited by Topaz; 02-15-2013 at 09:32 PM.

I've used Banner Glass in Silver Spring.
    I've also used Safelite twice. Once in North Carolina and another time in Georgia.

I don't know if BMW even replace glass. They probably just call one of those mobile services.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I've replaced my windshield once using Safelite in 2007 with no issues to date.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

If you were near VA I'd recommend Steve Cheney's Virginia Glass - http://www.virginia-glass.com/
    Quality work!!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I used Safelite once before with good results
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I used DG Glass and was very happy with the job. The installer and backoffice person asked the right questions, brought the right parts, and did the job on time and for a fair price. And they came out to my office to do the work. They're phone # is 301 843 1173.

Thanks for your information, folks. I have a $100 deductible toward a windshield at Safelite, total cost about $240. .. $25 or so to do a mobile service. BMW can get me a BMW windshield, about $480 part only, with expensive labor costs. Safelife could not locate, or give me a price for a BMW windshield, told me they were not available, to find one at a junkyard.( Initailly they told me they could get one). Guess I will go ahead with whatever Safelife has.
    Posted this because at the new member forum, there was an insur co rep there, saying they pay for BMW windowshields. I was not really clear how important that is ...and for a 1994 BMW.

1994 is getting old in BMW terms. I wonder if it is NLA or they just didn't want to order a windshield.
    I wouldn't be hungup on buying an OE windshield anyway.
    Don't think I'd want a pitted windshield from a boneyard ether.

OE parts replacement depends on your policy. Unless it's different with glass and state to state.
    In SC I no longer can pay extra fro OE parts on my 2003 Mini.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information