Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Shenandoah is Terrific!

Thread: Shenandoah is Terrific!

Shenandoah is Terrific!

Just got back from running the new Shenandoah circuit at Summit Point with the New Jersey chapter of BMW CCA.

Approached this event with some trepidation given all the speculation about it being a dangerous track, but registered for the school since I wanted to learn the line before running a timed heat there in three weeks as part of One Lap of America.

Well.... despite the bad press, it is a wonderful track. Yes, it is technically demanding and very busy, but it is a great track on which to learn/improve skills and IT IS A HOOT with some terrific and unique turns.

FWIW, there were no significant incidents at the two-day school. I believe only only a single car went off the track and it would have come right back on had it not gotten stuck in some loose dirt.

If I had a choice between running the main track and Shenandoah, I'd take Shenandoah. Much more challenging and loads of fun.

Neil

Sounds like a good time! I wish I had a spare/older bimmer to take to the DE next month so I wouldnt be terrified. Sadly I only have my 04 and I am shaking in my boots. I know it will be a blast, I just hope nothing happens to damage this brand new car.

Did you use the chicane at the crest of the hill leading to the karrusel?

Joel -

No, we didn't use the chicane. However, I *think* we will be using it when running the course for the One Lap.

Neil

The chicane

It reminds me of the one at Lime Rock to slow cars down. I tried to take some pictures before they kicked me out for being a 'distraction to the drivers'. Neil, they don't want anybody spectating outside the turn! Anyway, there was a white E36 w/a left-fender M-flag that I caught in the turn, looks OK. If you're 'listening', email and send the pic to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW0299
    It reminds me of the one at Lime Rock to slow cars down. I tried to take some pictures before they kicked me out for being a 'distraction to the drivers'. Neil, they don't want anybody spectating outside the turn! Anyway, there was a white E36 w/a left-fender M-flag that I caught in the turn, looks OK. If you're 'listening', email and send the pic to you.
    Can you post the pic? If there aren't decals all over it, its probably my instructor's M3 LTW.

NJ School

Picture posted in the gallery. I have a large file also if the driver is interested.

The lightweight belongs to David and Peggy Finch. David is president of the NJ Chapter. There is a link to send him an email if you want.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information