Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/30/2013 - 09/01/2013 - Baltimore Grand Prix Corral - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/30/2013 - 09/01/2013 - Baltimore Grand Prix Corral

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    The general rule is everyone pays for corral and reserved grandstand tickets, same rule as years past. Infants, however, we can make exceptions for (unless your 2.5 y/o plans to eat all the BBQ lol).

This year we've added the option to purchase general admission tickets (instead of reserved grandstand) which are a lot less expensive. In addition, all juniors (under 12) are FREE with the purchase of general admission tickets.
    Ok, thanks. So, just to clarify: my daughter will need grandstand tickets but not the corral pass (as long as she doesn't eat all the BBQ)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-M3 View Post
    Ok, thanks. So, just to clarify: my daughter will need grandstand tickets but not the corral pass (as long as she doesn't eat all the BBQ)?
    Correct, and infants would be the only exception.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

mmmm, considering getting a shirt....
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

When would the parade lap be? Would it be a once a day kind of thing or on a specific day? Also, would you need to buy a corral parking pass?
    Last edited by R3411y; 06-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R3411y View Post
    When would the parade lap be? Would it be a once a day kind of thing or on a specific day? Also, would you need to buy a corral parking pass?
    We're still working on when the parade laps will be but it'll be Saturday at a minimum. We've been told a possible 2nd day of parade laps will be worked into the track schedule, but this hasn't been finalized yet.

Parade laps are included with parking since parking in the corral is the only way to get your car onto the track.

Alright, so i would also need to buy a parking ticket along with the corral ticket, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by R3411y View Post
    Alright, so i would also need to buy a parking ticket along with the corral ticket, correct?
    Yes if you're coming by yourself. Everyone needs a corral ticket for access to our hospitality tent. If you have guests that are riding with you, then you only need 1 parking pass for each day.

I normally have volunteered and worked the Grand Prix the last 2 years. Decided to hang with the BMW gurus this year. If there is any help needed I will be able to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by d133sel335 View Post
    I normally have volunteered and worked the Grand Prix the last 2 years. Decided to hang with the BMW gurus this year. If there is any help needed I will be able to assist.
    Awesome, we'd love to have you! Please reach out to Kelsy (Kelsy@nccbmwcca.org) to add your name to our volunteer list

Correct, and infants would be the only exception.
    Paul - the discussion above is different than an email from Kelsy.

I'm taking two adults and two kids 5 and 7 - General Admission for the preference to walk around and under 12 discount. Kelsy told me I'd need 4 full price Corral tickets for the group. Even with kids that won't eat more than a half sandwich and juice.

Paying full price for kids that young would have me skip the Corral.
    Last edited by dwroe; 06-29-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: SP

Quote Originally Posted by dwroe View Post
    Paul - the discussion above is different than an email from Kelsy.

I'm taking two adults and two kids 5 and 7 - General Admission for the preference to walk around and under 12 discount. Kelsy told me I'd need 4 full price Corral tickets for the group. Even with kids that won't eat more than a half sandwich and juice.

Paying full price for kids that young would have me skip the Corral.
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Everyone pays for corral tickets, same rule we've had since year 1. The only exception we would allow are infants. We've added a general admissions option this year for race tickets which would make the race weekend a lot cheaper since juniors are free; however those juniors will need their own corral tickets. Did this clear up your situation?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Everyone pays for corral tickets, same rule we've had since year 1. The only exception we would allow are infants. We've added a general admissions option this year for race tickets which would make the race weekend a lot cheaper since juniors are free; however those juniors will need their own corral tickets. Did this clear up your situation?
    It does clear it up - the posts above seemed to read different - the poster with the daughter I read as a having a non-infant and your reply appeared to read that the poster had an infant. Hence my question.

Paul,

How does this work from the CCA email of 6/25/2013?

"Box lunches will be provided each day, but they must be ordered ahead of time. If you plan to attend, head on over to motorsport.reg, where you can reserve your spot in the corral and order a lunch. The chapter will allow one guest per registered member for the free lunch"

Quote Originally Posted by dwroe View Post
    It does clear it up - the posts above seemed to read different - the poster with the daughter I read as a having a non-infant and your reply appeared to read that the poster had an infant. Hence my question.

Paul,

How does this work from the CCA email of 6/25/2013?

"Box lunches will be provided each day, but they must be ordered ahead of time. If you plan to attend, head on over to motorsport.reg, where you can reserve your spot in the corral and order a lunch. The chapter will allow one guest per registered member for the free lunch"
    That would be for the ALMS corral at Road America in Wisconsin, totally separate CCA event. You may have to contact the Badger Bimmers Chapter if you're planning on going to Road America.

In regards to the Car Corral Parking. Is it posible to get parked in the Car Corral on Thurs. late afternoon or night? Also, if I need to leave Friday after the days events would it be possible to leave and return later in the evening on Friday? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by isjoey View Post
    In regards to the Car Corral Parking. Is it posible to get parked in the Car Corral on Thurs. late afternoon or night? Also, if I need to leave Friday after the days events would it be possible to leave and return later in the evening on Friday? Thanks!
    Unfortunately, Thursday night we'll be setting up the corral and no cars are allowed to park there at all. Picking up your car later that evening Friday is no problem.

Overnight security will guard the corral parking area so all cars will be safe. However, in order to leave your car overnight, you must have a parking pass for the next day. For example, if you leave your car overnight Friday, you should have a Saturday parking pass on your dashboard. Same goes for those who leave their car overnight on Saturday; you must have a Sunday parking pass.

Thread Information