Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/10/2013 - 05/12/2013 - Driving Schools @ Summit Point Circuit - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 05/10/2013 - 05/12/2013 - Driving Schools @ Summit Point Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    No cage, harness or harness bar required. I assume you are not in a convertible.
    I also assume the stock 3 point harness work with the seats.
    Yes it does. Just fine. I was thinking about converting the M3 (eventually) to a sportsman race car, but since I discovered the production date of the car was on the same day as my birthday, I am going to just remove the seats and put the Vaders back in it. Plus the car is much more fun to drive when in stock form.

And no, it is not a convertible. It is 95 M3 Base Model.

And just to be a thread hijacker, the previous owner added the wood trim in the car (shifter surround, brake handle, door cards) and it has me PO'ed to no end at how ghetto it looks. I'm even tempted to get a pack of Black and Milds every time I drive the car. Do you know if BMW still takes orders to replace interior door panel trims? I know they are ungodly expensive, but this car is worth it, especially since the car and I share the same birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryn View Post
    And just to be a thread hijacker, the previous owner added the wood trim in the car (shifter surround, brake handle, door cards) and it has me PO'ed to no end at how ghetto it looks. I'm even tempted to get a pack of Black and Milds every time I drive the car. Do you know if BMW still takes orders to replace interior door panel trims? I know they are ungodly expensive, but this car is worth it, especially since the car and I share the same birthday!
    I'm not a fan of wood trim either. Check getbmwparts.com to see if they still sell the trim; otherwise, I'm sure you can find a good used set on a BMW forum.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Harryn View Post
    Yes it does. Just fine. I was thinking about converting the M3 (eventually) to a sportsman race car, but since I discovered the production date of the car was on the same day as my birthday, I am going to just remove the seats and put the Vaders back in it. Plus the car is much more fun to drive when in stock form.

And no, it is not a convertible. It is 95 M3 Base Model.

FYI, in the tech inspection, there is an additional requirement for E36s:

* Radiator (E36 only) — must be less than 100,000 miles and 10 years in age, unless all aluminum.
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

I know this topic has probably been beaten to death, but I just got a set of summer wheels/tires and they had brand new hankook ventus v12s on them. Would you all suggest that I get a different set for the sake of the track weekend? I'd hate to drop that kind of cash on just one event when there are other more fun upgrades I could be doing (I.e. LSD) but I also don't want my weekend spoiled by poor tires on a 3800lb car.

I've searched on multiple forums and there doesn't seem to be any actual consensus (some say they're fine, others say they'll chunk after 5 laps).

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
    I know this topic has probably been beaten to death, but I just got a set of summer wheels/tires and they had brand new hankook ventus v12s on them. Would you all suggest that I get a different set for the sake of the track weekend? I'd hate to drop that kind of cash on just one event when there are other more fun upgrades I could be doing (I.e. LSD) but I also don't want my weekend spoiled by poor tires on a 3800lb car.

I've searched on multiple forums and there doesn't seem to be any actual consensus (some say they're fine, others say they'll chunk after 5 laps).

Thanks for your input!
    if they are new tires, you'll break them in just fine. i think your brakes will be abused more than the new tires, so flush the brake fluid at a minimum and check rotor/pad thickness.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post

Thanks for your input!
    Hi FR, this is 335dFan. I haven't signed up yet, but was planning (if they get here in time) to be using my brand new Michelin PSS if I go. Got to get you-know-who moving. My OEM RFTs took a bit of a beating the one-day I went last Sept. The brakes seemed to hold up OK, but you do need to check your brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    if they are new tires, you'll break them in just fine. i think your brakes will be abused more than the new tires, so flush the brake fluid at a minimum and check rotor/pad thickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by coljediv2002 View Post
    Hi FR, this is 335dFan. I haven't signed up yet, but was planning (if they get here in time) to be using my brand new Michelin PSS if I go. Got to get you-know-who moving. My OEM RFTs took a bit of a beating the one-day I went last Sept. The brakes seemed to hold up OK, but you do need to check your brakes.
    Thanks, gents, my only concern with the tires was the overall quality and how they will hold up to track usage. I would've personally purchased something a bit more robust, but I suppose the worst case is that I kill them and get to buy a new set . So long as it doesn't ruin the weekend, I'm fine.

I will definitely be changing all the fluids prior to the event should I get it scheduled in. I'm due for ATF/diff and will definitely change oil and brake fluid prior.

Thanks for your help!

I've registered for the Saturday session, though I understand it's not confirmed yet. I did not see any way to request numbers. Is there a way to do so? I have magnetic numbers used for Autocross that I'd love to use if possible.
    Thanks for any info,
    Steve

You generally don't require numbers on your car during HPDE... You will be assigned a run group; I guessing C... You should hear something in a few days if not please sent me a PM...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Thanks Zach. The last HPDE's I did were with the Audi Club and I thought they had us put numbers on the car. Good to know.
    I'll keep an eye out for the confirmation before I schedule my tech inspection.
    -Steve

Car numbers will be assigned and they go on the rear side windows.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

And magnetic numbers are likely to blow off at HPDE speeds.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

In the past, the school usually provided masking tape (often blue) for applying paper numbers. Some people would bring their own tape, which can be easier than hunting down the school supply.
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

Seems like paper is more likely to come off than these magnets which are made for vehicles, but I'll go with the flow...

I believe last year they started using vinyl numbers.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information