Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Wheel Nut Cross Threaded: Dealer asking $650 for repair! Help

Thread: Wheel Nut Cross Threaded: Dealer asking $650 for repair! Help

Wheel Nut Cross Threaded: Dealer asking $650 for repair! Help

Guys:

Someone changed a tire sometime back and apparently did not out the nut corrected. Went to get my BMW serviced today and they tell me that nut was cross threaded, to fix we need to replace Hub (or hub assembly) or even bearings, etc. Cost: $650!!
    Could that be true for just this small stupid mistake by someone? I live in DC Area. Where can I get this fixed. Bimmer dealers seems to be way overcharing. Do you guys have any recommendations as to what I can do? You reply shall be appreciated.

i assume you mean "bolt" not "nut". modern bmw's don't come from the factory with wheel nuts. this cros threading problem is caused by someone putting the wheel bolt on with an air gun without hand threading it in first.

front or rear hub? front the hub and bearings are one unit.

there are a number of independant shops that can do this. probably for a lot less than $650. what part of the ncc region are you in?

marshall

Lug nut for left rear wheel was fastened incorrectly. not thru machine...using hand and bmw flat tire repair tools. I am in VA. Sterling. I am told that I need to get hub and bearing changed.

unless the bearing is bad, you don't have to replace it.

http://www.danmartinsautoservice.com/

-- Jason

Thread Information