Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DME software Re-flash costs

Thread: DME software Re-flash costs

Cool DME software Re-flash costs

Has anyone used a Dealer or Indy to get a DME software re-flash; just wondering what the approximate cost was incurred doing this job. Need to get a software re-flash from MS42/323i to MS42/328i software. Thanks in advance!
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quite honestly, it would just be a whole bunch easier to get an MS42 DME from a 328i and have the EWS aligned (or disabled).

Actually BMW of Silver Spring can take my Shark Injector off, re-flash my DME and re-apply my Shark Injector for $159.00 out the door, I've got an appointment on Tuesday.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

You do realize that the shark injector replaces the entire DME .bin right? So, of they put the shark back on it, you'll just have 323i software again. And if they broke the encryption, that's a whole different bag of worms. Be VERY cautious as dealers typically don't understand a damn thing about how a DME works. You absolutely need to take it to a dyno before exceeding cruise (stoich at 14.7). 2.3 software on a 2.8 may be lean enough to melt pistons and valves if the MAF is reporting values off the load map. Proceed with caution. This is a job much better suited for a performance shop, not a dealer.

Incorrect, the Shark Injector is designed for both the 323i and 328i motors and will find adjust to whichever DME software is on the DME. That's why Turner told me to first remove the current Shark which configured itself to the 323i; re-flash and then add the Shark so that it will adjust the 328i software, not the 323i software. I will proceed with caution, however I'm following the guidance of Turner Motorsports.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

Conforti's flash doesn't overwrite everything. Just fuel map, rev limiter, speed limit and things like that.

I had a guy write out several fault codes. Then sharked the DME.
    Reflashed with the updated custom code.
    Went back to check.
    Everything was in order.
    Went back and read the software and everything was fine.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You do realize that the shark injector replaces the entire DME .bin right? So, of they put the shark back on it, you'll just have 323i software again. And if they broke the encryption, that's a whole different bag of worms. Be VERY cautious as dealers typically don't understand a damn thing about how a DME works. You absolutely need to take it to a dyno before exceeding cruise (stoich at 14.7). 2.3 software on a 2.8 may be lean enough to melt pistons and valves if the MAF is reporting values off the load map. Proceed with caution. This is a job much better suited for a performance shop, not a dealer.
    In my experience, the car will get in range just fine after a swap. (Personal experience: 323 to "330" and 528iT to "530iT.") Headers, on the other hand, seem to completely befuddle the software.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information