Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a townhouse in the South Riding area?

Thread: Looking for a townhouse in the South Riding area?

Looking for a townhouse in the South Riding area?

Looking for a place to buy in the South Riding area?

We are willing to make a fantastic deal for a private sale (without Realtor fees). You'll get at least 6% off as that's the amount I'd waste with a Realtor.

1630 sq.ft. fully finished, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 1 car finished garage, huge deck, etc. Please forward this to anyone you may know who is looking.

Trust me when I say that the price tag we will be asking will make the mortgage payment VERY reasonable.

Feel free to contact me directly at jonathan.michael.thayer@gmail.com - we will be at the property all weekend if you'd like to take a look at it.

R U interested in renting it out?
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

Quote Originally Posted by lrosie89 View Post
    R U interested in renting it out?
    Needs to be sold. The mortgage payment would be less than the rental rate in the area. Feel free to contact me at jonathan.michael.thayer@gmail.com for additional details.

Not sure I'd agree with your comment "that's what i'd waste with a realtor", but good luck with your sale nonetheless.

realtor rant

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer32five View Post
    Not sure I'd agree with your comment "that's what i'd waste with a realtor", but good luck with your sale nonetheless.
    From someone who sold a townhouse 5 years ago as the housing market dropped like rock, my experience with realtors, they are one rung below a used salesman. They are not working for you, they are only looking out for themselves as in my 2nd realtor who blew off a friend of mine who wanted to see my townhouse and then denied having the keys to turn over to the 3rd. Then there was my 1st who spent more time on vacation than showing the house. As far as I'm concerned, they all suck.

Oh, then there is the one I used in SC. We found a house on our own and almost a year later of 1st realtor wanted to sue us. She never showed us a house that we were interested in.
    What part of a two car garage with a single door didn't she understand? Plus drove 8 hours to look at houses and she cancelled on us when we got there.

Oh, then there was the realtor who we did finally use to buy our house. We told her to tell the owners that if they wanted to rent out the house from us while theirs was being built, that was fine with us.
    They had 2 kids and we didn't want them to relocate twice if they didn't have to.
    They were never told this to them.

Nope. I won't say I would never use a realtor again, but I'm going to watch them like a hawk. Hopefully I'm in my last house.
    One last thing. So many realtors were able to sell houses in good times. Now that the market has reversed, it's a whole new ballgame. They think it's still 2005.

I think I'll get a cup of coffee and start the day.

Add: So if you can do it without a realtor, go for it. It's not about the money. It's about getting it sold.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 07-15-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I"m sorry about your experiences...that's certainly not the norm. But I can understand how you would be skeptical (sp?) about realtors. FSBO homes can definitely be sold, but it's much more difficult. The benefit of a realtor is that they can market your home effectively. Yes, you'd save the realtor fees by selling yourself, but a lot of times those homeowners end up turning to realtors after they've had no luck trying themselves.

The realtors you've dealt with seemed to have ethics issues or lack of listening skills.

Again, i'm sorry you had to go through that (many times), but you shouldn't stereotype all realtors.

Jonathan, sorry to hijack but good luck with your sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer32five View Post
    Jonathan, sorry to hijack but good luck with your sale.
    Didn't mean and still don't mean to hijack it myself.
    This is just a very sore subject for me.
    I had 5 brokers involved in a sale and purchase of two homes. Each one of them sucked.
    Each one lied or was incompetent.
    It's not easy buying/sells long distance.
    Hopefully I won't be moving anytime soon.

I'm sure there are some good used car salesmen too.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information