Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
The Death of BMW's M Brand

Thread: The Death of BMW's M Brand

The Death of BMW's M Brand

This is pretty funny, but spot on in many ways:

http://jalopnik.com/m3/#13420120765153
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 07-11-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: link fixed
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

So true.
    BMW NA has done away with their M Brand Manager position.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    This is pretty funny, but spot on in many ways:

http://jalopnik.com/m3/#13420120765153
    I revel in doing the exact opposite,building sleepers, all "M" stuff with a 318 badge!

This article has been on every BMW forum that I visit and the majority agree 100%
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    This article has been on every BMW forum that I visit and the majority agree 100%
    It's all about the BMW Lifestyle now.
    Maybe BMW NA and AG will take notice.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Unfortunately, enthusiasts have very little input b/c the only thing that will make BMW listen is $$ and market conditions. Hardcore enthusiasts don't move the needle and BMW makes cars based on the 'majority'
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

The M brand went down the crapper during the e46 era, since then nothing but soft cars for the masses have been produced.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    The M brand went down the crapper during the e46 era, since then nothing but soft cars for the masses have been produced.
    If a 500hp V10 is a soft car for the masses, where does the Prius fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If a 500hp V10 is a soft car for the masses, where does the Prius fall?
    I'm sorry, please remind me again how much that heffer weighs ...

I think the M3 Lime Rock edition is simply BMW's answer to the less expensive, more powerful 444 horsepower Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca.
    BMW Motorsport dropped the "otorsport" from "M" many years ago. And the only real race-derived M street car was the E30 M3. One could argue the original street M1 was built to qualify it for a race series, but the series rules changed before the car made it to market so they ended up creating a fake celebrity race series just to get some of the cars on the track. So we're back to the E30 M3 as the only pure "motorsport" M car. Jalopnik is way late with its commentary.

I think it's funny that the author thinks the owner of this car would show up at the track with a full race suit.
    This car probably won't leave the garage, let alone get some rubber snot on it from the track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm sorry, please remind me again how much that heffer weighs ...
    The M5's battery is lighter than the Prius's!

The limited production 1M isn't much softer than the original E30 M3. I wonder how many BMW NA would have sold here if they hadn't cut off production at 740 units.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    The limited production 1M isn't much softer than the original E30 M3. I wonder how many BMW NA would have sold here if they hadn't cut off production at 740 units.
    They will build more.
    I'm waiting for a hot hatchback. Oh, also waiting for a raise too.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information