Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Thoughts on the Z4 sDrive28i vs sDrive35i

Thread: Thoughts on the Z4 sDrive28i vs sDrive35i

Thoughts on the Z4 sDrive28i vs sDrive35i

Hi all,
    I'd like to get your thoughts on these cars. Currently I drive a 2008 Z4 3.0i and love it. That said, I have an opportunity to buy a new BMW for under MSRP and thought I'd check out the "new" versions of the Z. According to what I've read, the 4 cylinder in the base model is pretty impressive. That said, I do enjoy the V6... What do you think?

Thanks!

Note to administrator: please re-post if I've put this in the wrong area.

I personally think the new Z series is too big, although I have a Z3M, so anything seems big compared to that. I haven't driven the 4 cylinder Z4, but have driven the 3 series with the same engine. I thought it had some good pep to it and was pretty efficient. However not enough power for me. The inline 6 has plenty of power and would be my choice.

You could probably get more specific feedback on zpost.com.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgoldin View Post
    Hi all,
    I'd like to get your thoughts on these cars. Currently I drive a 2008 Z4 3.0i and love it. That said, I have an opportunity to buy a new BMW for under MSRP and thought I'd check out the "new" versions of the Z. According to what I've read, the 4 cylinder in the base model is pretty impressive. That said, I do enjoy the V6... What do you think?

Thanks!

Note to administrator: please re-post if I've put this in the wrong area.
    V6!? aarrghh!The INLINE 6 cylinder engine is the holy grail of BMW goodness.

My dad has a '06 3.0 Z4i and I've put a fair amount of street miles on it and autoxed it in stock form and also with lowering springs and aftermarket wheels/tires. It's a great car but I feel even better with a simple drop and far better tires. I've also autoxed a friends new Z4 sDrive 35is and I'd say they are very different cars. My friends newer Z4 is heavier, but surprisingly nimble for its size. The power is great, just wish it were a true manual. Interior is amazing, love it. Definitely a step above the older Z4's interior.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Well, I might have had the most prepped Z4 in the country for autocross for a few seasons. I had a 2004 Z4 3.0i. I loved the car, but the thing you have to ask yourself is "what do I want to use this car for?" I bought mine before I knew about autocross, and although the car was awesome for fun driving and being out and about, oh and it was awesome on the track too... it sucked at autocross. I did everything there was to be done to the car to make it a competitor in SCCA STR class, and the car just wasn't gonna be good at the higher levels of competition.

So I recommend you decide what the car is to be used for first, and then use that decision to predicate the decision to buy the car or not. Personally, I like light cars with wishbone suspensions (read Honda S2000, Miata, etc) so the Mac Strut, heavy Z4 will never be my favorite, and more power will never make up for its size, but that's me.. you may prefer something with a lot more power than a Honda S2000, so think out your desires and get the best car.

Good Luck. The Z4 was a wonderful car overall.

Thread Information