Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
I just pulled the trigger...

Thread: I just pulled the trigger...

Talking I just pulled the trigger...

I'm going to have to append my signature.

I just closed the deal with Dan Martin to buy one of his spare '87 325is' for use as a street-legal track car cum-SpecE30 (someday).

It's not a bahn-burner or concourse cruiser like my 6, (Yes, I'm keeping it -- [Charleton Heston] you can pry the keys from my cold dead hands [/Charleton Heston]), but it should be a lot of fun to toss around an autox course.

On a related topic -- anyone know of a good deal on a used Autosport race roll bar?
    Last edited by SharkD; 04-05-2005 at 10:32 PM.

congrats!
    e30 325is's make outstanding track rats. light, fun, easy to work on and quick. unless you have an m6, the 325 can turn quicker lap times too..

marshall
    ex-88 325is auto-x/de car
    ex-88 325is scca/bmwcca race car (regularly beat 635's. beat m6's everywhere but long straights)

Yeah, it'll be interesting to toss it around the Jefferson in may -- I'm used to my 4,100lb 195hp 635CSi (Conforti chip, 3.74 LSD, Suspension Techniques swaybars & lowering springs).

The 2,800lb 170hp 325is (mostly stock) should feel very nimble by comparison.

Granted, my 6er does handle like an M6 -- except that it's dragging a slightly larger boat anchor on the straights.

Talking

It's official...

Old sig:

New sig:

Last edited by SharkD; 02-03-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Clearcoat!?

We don't need no stinkin' clearcoat.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts..."

/suchadork
    Last edited by SharkD; 04-04-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Clearcoat!?

We don't need no stinkin' clearcoat.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts..."

/suchadork
    Paint/clearcoat just adds weight to the car.

Congrats!

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Why pay extra for a car with paint when you are propably going to repaint it anyway, right
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Man one of the M3 style body kits on this baby...

if anyone else needs a great track car, there is an e30 325is scca race car for sale in the scca newsletter. cheap at about $5k.

Just thought I'd post an updated pic -- turns out that "someday" referenced in the original post was July 29, 2006.

More beauty shots here.

Talking

That looks great Dan. What is it, a Cobra?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Nice!!
    Scott Lowrey

Seeing as how my first car was a '65 Mustang, White with Blue hood/rocker stripes (or the inverse) are the traditional international racing colors for U.S. cars, and I think that the Shelby Daytona is probably the best looking tin-top racer ever built, I had to go with a Peter Brock-inspired paint job. (The GT-350-style Rocker Stripes are on order -- photoshop mockup from January.)

As it turns out, more people walking by stopped to check out my car than any of the other SpecE30s (including Carlton's Lime Green coupe), and since we don't race with the FFRs, it looks very distinctive on the track. (And the color matches blue race tape exactly.)
    Last edited by SharkD; 08-03-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Looks Great!

Very nice, I like that the car colors are very close to the colors in the roundel on the hood.

Now you have some incentive to not rub fenders with anybody.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Now you have some incentive to not rub fenders with anybody.
    I just wish some of those 944 drivers had similar incentive... (Besides, in February, I learned the hard way that even minor contact can have major consequences.)

Thread Information