Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 07/28/2012 - Collector's Car Corral Open House - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 07/28/2012 - Collector's Car Corral Open House

Quote Originally Posted by roykobs View Post
    All, has somebody posted a route for the caravan?

I did a mini "bull run" on Google maps and I tested it last night. I think I have a route that is very good. It has some lights getting across some of the major arteries but it does have some nice twisty roads and then a cool down period before we arrive.
    Will we be able to get there in 1 hour or less? If so, we can try it. I'd rather not change the starting time since this event is promoted all over the place.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    There is no route unless you want to make one

Let's go west on Highland and take Ten Oaks to Triadelphia to Marriottsville Rd or something like that.

414 Water Street Tower Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD
    The route would take about 50 minutes. So if we leave @ 8:55 or 9:00 sharp we will be in great shape for a 10:00 Arrival at our location. Do we know how many cars are expected to caravan? I think we will have an advantage if we are moving as a group at this time of morning; the general public won't be too active yet.

Quote Originally Posted by roykobs View Post
    The route would take about 50 minutes. So if we leave @ 8:55 or 9:00 sharp we will be in great shape for a 10:00 Arrival at our location. Do we know how many cars are expected to caravan? I think we will have an advantage if we are moving as a group at this time of morning; the general public won't be too active yet.
    OK, you're in charge of gathering the troops, getting waivers signed, passing out the route, and leaving on time! We have 30+ people registered, but not sure how many will show up at Maple Lawn for the caravan.

You could probably post the route here and some people will print it themselves.
    Last edited by pseto; 07-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.

All,

The President has spoken. We are going to have a drivers meeting for the caravan to the Collectors Car Corral @ 8:45 A.M. We are departing from the Maple Lawn Cars and Coffee @ 9:00 AM Sharp. I will have route directions for the drivers and navigators, we will sign the waivers at that meeting, and additional information about caravan protocols will be communicated. To avoid monitoring by "Big Brother" the route will not be posted online.

See you at Cars and Coffee.

Paul, can you bring some waiver forms? I don't have any.

RJH

Im Deff coming. hopefully itll be an unusual day so i can be there for the caravan!!!. because usualy im late to everything! Bringing the New to me 1988 BMW 528E (totaly stripped, roll cage, LSD, WIN!)

The route is specifically designed to keep a group together by blending some slower sections and some serious twisty sections.

There are even some scenic components that we got by sheer luck!

See you at C+C

Quote Originally Posted by Coupenut View Post
    Update!

There will be a caravan to the Collector's Car Corral Open House on Saturday the 28th. The caravan will leave from the Maple Lawn Cars and Coffee area at 9am.

James, you have an email..
    Paul V.
    NCC Concours Chair Emeritus (1991-2004)
    So many cars..so little time!!

Some pics from yesterday's event. Special thanks to Randy and his staff!

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow

Had a great time. My thanks for all the planning and thanks to all the NCC folks who made it great, and a special thank you to our hosts on Saturday at CCC.
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Thread Information