Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
digital Der Bayerishe

View Poll Results: digital der Bayerische

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd prefer digital over print

12 21.43%
  • Don't take away my printed copy

24 42.86%
  • I like both choices

20 35.71%
  • Don't care either way

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: digital Der Bayerishe

digital Der Bayerishe

What do you think about
    #removed link#
    Not sure how long the demo will be live.
    Demo is limited to 10 pages.

There are other software packages to evaluate.

See post 13
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-14-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Important consideration is that Flash is not viewable on an iPad and I suspect that this demographic has a plethora of iPad users. I personally would prefer an non-Flash version.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    Important consideration is that Flash is not viewable on an iPad and I suspect that this demographic has a plethora of iPad users. I personally would prefer an non-Flash version.
    Their website states

Desktops and laptops
    - iPads
    - iPhone and android devices
    - Tablets and mobile devices
    - Kindle, Nook, Sony and other e-Readers.

I understand the majority of tablets are iOS.
    Last month stats.
    1. iPhone 1,112
    2. iPad 738
    3. Android 550
    4. BlackBerry 38
    5. iPod 15
    6. Windows Phone 7
    7. Windows 1

Interesting. When I look at the stats for my 318ti.org site numbers are very different for the same period.

1. iPhone 2,911
    2. Android 2,120
    3. iPad 1,276
    4. iPod 157
    5. BlackBerry 146
    6. Windows Phone 27
    7. SymbianOS 16
    8. Samsung 6
    9. Nokia 3
    10. Sony 2
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Digital is fine with me, and I would opt out of the printed version. But there are plenty of people who might use a digital only version as a reason to depart the club.

Vic
    We've lost members because we don't offer an opt out to Roundel also.
    My suggestion has been an e-membership.
    Reduced membership fee for everything electronic.
    Download membership card, digital version of Roundel only.
    Must renew online.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    We've lost members because we don't offer an opt out to Roundel also.
    My suggestion has been an e-membership.
    Reduced membership fee for everything electronic.
    Download membership card, digital version of Roundel only.
    Must renew online.
    I like this idea, not necessarily because of the lower cost, but the convenience. The print copies just pile up and it seems like such a waste when I'm done.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

I like this idea, not necessarily because of the lower cost, but the convenience. The print copies just pile up and it seems like such a waste when I'm done.
    I wasn't really going on the lines of replacing the hard copy, just another method of viewing.
    The problem with reducing the number of copies printed, I think your cost per issue goes up.
    I'm just exploring alternative ways to distribute our magazine.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm sure there's value to having a digital copy in some format for many people. But I rarely use the digital roundel.
    Would there be a mass email sending folks a link to the digital DB? Unless I'm just looking for headlines, I'd rather read a printed copy. If folks have to go looking, even through a link, I suspect fewer would actually see the DB.

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    I'm sure there's value to having a digital copy in some format for many people. But I rarely use the digital roundel.
    Would there be a mass email sending folks a link to the digital DB? Unless I'm just looking for headlines, I'd rather read a printed copy. If folks have to go looking, even through a link, I suspect fewer would actually see the DB.
    Do you currently get our bi-monthly email blasts? There's a link on it for the latest dB
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-13-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: bi-monthly
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

We do have all issues at http://db.nccbmwcca.org.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

So it seems the question being presented here is, "should individuals be able to opt out of receiving the printed club magazine and/or chapter newsletters now that there are digital alternatives?"

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    So it seems the question being presented here is, "should individuals be able to opt out of receiving the printed club magazine and/or chapter newsletters now that there are digital alternatives?"
    Currently there is no optout of Roundel and I don't see it happening.
    It is yet to be published regarding chapter newsletters/magazines.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

New link.

new link further down.

If people can test it on various devices, that would be appreciated.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-16-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I've also been told the image is a bit pixelated.

This might be a higher rez version.
    http://trials.3dissue.com/samples/3d...ue1/index.html
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-16-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

On a Macbook Air, OS X 10.7.4, Chrome 18.0.1025.168, looks good. The zoom function works well and the text is very legible. No issues.

On a Macbook Air, OS X 10.7.4, Chrome 18.0.1025.168, looks good. The zoom function works well and the text is very legible. No issues.
    Need to be sure it works on iPads. It would be so much easier if Apple allowed Flash on their iPads.
    There is another version of the software that allows for hyperlinks.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information