THE NEW X3 xDRIVE28i: FASTER 0 TO 60. SLOWER FULL TO EMPTY.

It sounded like an impossibly tall order: how could BMW improve upon the latest-generation X3? But the engineering wizards in Munich thrive on challenges and now they proudly present the 2013 X3 xDrive28i.

Building on the X3’s already dynamic performance, thisnew model is even more desirable. Now equipped with BMW’s award-winning four-cylinder engine – a 240-hp, 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo – and an 8-speed automatic transmission, its 260 lb-ft of torque launches the X3 from 0-60 in just 6.6 seconds.1 Fuel consumption, however,is decreased considerably, thanks to innovations like the new Auto Start-Stop function.

The drive characteristics of both the X3 xDrive28i and X3 xDrive35i can now be personalized through Driving Dynamics Control. Select COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT+ modes, which change settings for Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), accelerator pedal response and power steering assist. There is also an ECO PRO mode for even greater fuel savings, as displayed in the dash.

Download the entire newsletter.

1 BMW AG preliminary results. BMW urges you to obey all posted speed laws and always wear safety belts.

More...