Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Paint chips

Thread: Paint chips

Paint chips

Has anbody used the Dr. Color chip product to repair stone chips and road rash?

I bought one almost a year ago but never got around to trying it out. I think you should be the guinea pig and when yours comes out perfectly, you can do mine
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I've heard good things about it, so have a kit coming my way.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks Paul!

The Doctor is In

Quote Originally Posted by zzm3 View Post
    Has anbody used the Dr. Color chip product to repair stone chips and road rash?
    Funny you should ask. I was cleaning out the garage this past weekend and found a new kit I had never used. Just follow the instructions and it works pretty much as promised, even when covering many chips. The leading edge of the MINI gets really abused. This product worked much better than trying to paint with a traditional applicator or using a pen. Just work on small areas at a time.

Before:

After:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6939004982_0a5532a6f3_z.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	1616  

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

I've also had good luck with it.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

I've used the kit several times on my E46 with success. The kit is very easy to use and if using it for the first time is very forgiving (the checimcals which remove the paint will remove all of the touch up paint if you rub it long enough.

A little patience and experimentation goes a long way.

Cheers,
    Brian

It's not perfect - but it doesn't leave excess paint and it's a lot better than nothing.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information