Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
new member with autocross question

Thread: new member with autocross question

new member with autocross question

Hi all,

I just got a BMWCCA membership with the intention of participating in NCC autocross. I've been to roughly 10 autocross events in the past 2 years (mostly with SCCA, some with Autocrossers Inc), but I still consider myself pretty bad. This past winter, I did a lot of go-karting, and I think it's improved my understanding of what an ideal line is.

I drive a Hyundai GenCoupe: 2010, V6, manual. I will try to recruit 4 friends...3 of them are BMW owners.

Maybe I should post this in the 4/21 autocross thread, but I have two questions:

(1.) My confirmation says my membership is good for 5/1/2012 to 4/30/2013. Does this mean I'm screwed if I want to participate in the 4/21 autocross? If so, then I'm doubly screwed because I told the aforementioned friends about the upcoming autocross and they won't be happy when I tell them we can't go even if they buy memberships ASAP.

(2.) I filled out the form to redeem a free autocross. How long will it take for me to get a response? If it turns out that I can participate in the 4/21 autocross, then I would like to use my free autocross discount before registering for the event.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

Welcome to the club Jeff!

Hopefully someone from the AX committee can chime in with answers
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Welcome to the club. I've forwarded your questions on to the autocross chairman - he will soon respond with the answers. (I doubt you are "screwed"!)

Jeff,
    Hi and welcome! No your not screwed. Is there anyway you can send a copy of your confirmation w/membership info to phil@nccautocross.com? As long as I can confirm it I can get you in the system. Are you a member of Motorsport Reg? If not you (and your friends) will need to register for MSReg. That is our site for event registration. Here is the link: http://www.motorsportreg.com/.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at the address above. We can get this all worked out no problem.
    Thanks!!
    Phil

I will email you, Phil. I got a PM from Zchild, but my reply doesn't seem to be getting to him because my Sent folder shows 0 messages sent. Then again, I sent another message that got a reply so maybe my Sent folder is just messed up

UPDATE - Everything has been resolved. My membership was activated immediately (despite myaccount.bmwcca.org saying it starts on the first day of the next month).
    Last edited by jlOneMillion; 04-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Thread Information