Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Inspection I at Advantage Certified in Manassas (no valve adjustment)

Thread: Inspection I at Advantage Certified in Manassas (no valve adjustment)

Inspection I at Advantage Certified in Manassas (no valve adjustment)

So, i took my 05 M3 to Advantage Certified earlier this week for Inspection I. I was going over the invoice after I got home and noticed that the labor price was much lower than expected for the Inspection I portion. I probably should have paid more attention to the invoice when I picked it up, but the price was in the range that I was expecting(they identified some things that needed fixed that cost more than I thought they would). I called them today and asked if the valves were adjusted and they told me that they don't usually do the valve adjustment on Inspection I. I mentioned that it was on the service checklist of both inspections and he said they could get me a quote for the valve adjustment and set me up an appointment to bring my car back. I'm a little annoyed that I will need to go back in there and get something done that is listed on the BMW Service Maintenance Checklist, it also makes me wonder if there are other things they skipped. I would have appreciated it if they would have at least informed me that "Inspection I" from them doesn't include valve adjustment.

I guess my main purpose of this post, If you take your vehicle to Advantage Certified be sure you specify you want the valves checked/adjusted with Inspection I.

Thanks for this, I was thinking about taking my M5 to them for service.

Quote Originally Posted by SWatson View Post
    Thanks for this, I was thinking about taking my M5 to them for service.
    I didn't hear back with a quote for just the valve adjustment from them on Friday, if I don't hear back by Tuesday I'll call them, but not sure if I will have them do it or not. I kind of want to talk to a manager or someone that can answer why they don't do valve adjustment with inspection I when its part of the service check list.

Also, as a side note, if you need a loaner from them, don't expect much. First I got a 323iT wagon, on the way out, I noticed the coolant level low light, went back and got an 05 Camry.

Quote Originally Posted by organiz3d_chaos View Post
    I didn't hear back with a quote for just the valve adjustment from them on Friday, if I don't hear back by Tuesday I'll call them, but not sure if I will have them do it or not. I kind of want to talk to a manager or someone that can answer why they don't do valve adjustment with inspection I when its part of the service check list.

Also, as a side note, if you need a loaner from them, don't expect much. First I got a 323iT wagon, on the way out, I noticed the coolant level low light, went back and got an 05 Camry.

I got a call back from Advantage certified on Tuesday and wasn't able to return their call today. We are scheduling a time to take my car back in and get the valves checked/adjusted. I expressed my concern to the service director that they were skipping the valve adjustment on Inspection I. He explained that they were originally doing the valve adjustments at each inspection and in their opinion they were not seeing valves needing that much of an adjustment to warrant the check/adjustment so they began only doing it at inspections II. I told him that I thought they should let the customer know ahead of time if they are going to skip something. He agreed that they messed up and should have let me know.

I do want to say that other than the skipping of the valve adjustment I had a good experience with them, everyone I dealt with was really nice and they've at least made some effort to make this right. That said, I would still make sure you indicate you want them to check/adjust the valves if you are taking it in for Inspection I.

Thread Information