Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
question about a dealer

Thread: question about a dealer

question about a dealer

Hey guys,
    I am a non BMW owner who has been spying on this forum looking, for informaiton,drooling over your cars, and generally keeping tabs on the local market over the last 2 years while i have been passivly been looking for a good used e39 530i. I am lucky in that I dont need a car tomorrow but i am getting closer to a purchase, and i was wondering about a dealer i reciently came across.

does anyone know anything about the "Ultimate Automotive Group" out in Whinchester. They seems to have pretty good reviews online, and they have an 03 530i sport with a 5 speed that I could be interested in. Any information and insight anyone might have would be wonderful. thanks to all, and i look forward to joining your ranks as a BMW owner. I am tired of just looking and drooling.

If this is not the right place to put this, i am sorry, feel free to move it. Thanks

I am assuming that the scilence means no one has ealt with these folks.

here is the car: http://www.theuag.com/vehicle_pages/...BMW-530i.shtml

any general advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Looks to be in excellent shape from the posted link. My only advice to you is please, please, please get a pre-purchase inspection before you buy it. The folks at Ultimate Automotive Group shouldn't object your request unless they have something to hide. You will of course be expected to pay for the inspection but believe me it's the best investment you can make prior to purchase of any used vehicle. The E39 is my favorite body sytle for the 5er's. Just my two and a half cents worth...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

yeah i have had really good luck buying used cars in my life. been lucky maybe, but i always get it looked at by a mechanic first. i have already walked away from a few e39s when they are not what they were advertised to be. this one looks really clean. and if it has the packages they say it does it could be a really sweet ride.

I would suggest Convenience Car Care as a good place to get your PPI. Tim has a great shop with excellent tech's a well as being a good friend of the club. He's out your way...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Check out the Bimmerfest wiki for potential problems to look out for when purchasing.
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

BMWs are not among the most reliable, so you should ask yourself if you are willing to work on your car. Dealerships usually charge an arm and a leg, so if you don't want to do the work yourself, you should find a reliable indy and build a good relation with them.

Most definitely do the inspection. Also ask for any maintenance records they might have. Also run a Carfax on the car.

the last few cars i have had:

87 saab 900 Sold @ 206K miles
    95 toyota 4runner Sold @ 186k
    01 Audi A4 t-boned at 107k
    jeep wrangler still running strong at 200K (this is why i am lookin for a second car. Jeep gets 14mpg and is goign to start needing work, on and off)

based on my ownership patterns it is time for another european sedan, the saab was bullet proof but the audi need constant "care". i have a feeling that the BMW is similar.

dealer said they got a bunch of records on the car we will see what that means.

thanks for the advice guys.

Thread Information