Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
MD State Inspection location: can someone suggest one around Columbia

Thread: MD State Inspection location: can someone suggest one around Columbia

MD State Inspection location: can someone suggest one around Columbia

Can someone suggest a BMW/European/Import shop that does MD State Inspections? I don't really want to go to a gas station for this scam.

I highly recommend Eastham's Exxon in Bethesda. They will inspect the car properly and will fail it for valid reasons, but they will NOT fail it if it passes (they passed the 323i, for example, with brake rotors just above minimum thickness). Furthermore, they are completely reasonable about re-inspection. I have taken four cars there. Two passed, two failed. Both failures were for 100% valid reasons and they were perfectly happy to a) explain why they had failed and what they wanted to see in order to pass, and b) were able to reinspect in a matter of a couple minutes and issue a certificate for the car.

If you insist on having a shop do it, call a dealer.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    I highly recommend Eastham's Exxon in Bethesda. They will inspect the car properly and will fail it for valid reasons, but they will NOT fail it if it passes (they passed the 323i, for example, with brake rotors just above minimum thickness). Furthermore, they are completely reasonable about re-inspection. I have taken four cars there. Two passed, two failed. Both failures were for 100% valid reasons and they were perfectly happy to a) explain why they had failed and what they wanted to see in order to pass, and b) were able to reinspect in a matter of a couple minutes and issue a certificate for the car.

If you insist on having a shop do it, call a dealer.
    Nick, WOW, They pass it if it passes!? LOL, btw, airbags aren't part of the "safety" inspection !! don't get me started on this scam.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I appreciate it. Will let you know where I go and what they find to fail the M Roadster...Jeff C
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Thread Information