Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/04/2012 - DIY @ At Speed Motorsports

Thread: 08/04/2012 - DIY @ At Speed Motorsports

08/04/2012 - DIY @ At Speed Motorsports

Aug 4 Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview
    The 2011 Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy
    This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com

How do I find the location of these DIY service centers on this web site? thx

The Calendar of Events on the main site page tells you the shop that is hosting the DIY. You're right,though - a link to the facility/location would be helpful for those not familiar with them.
    If you click on the "Register here" link at the bottom of the event page you will be taken to the MotorsportReg registration page where the DIY shop location is divulged.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php
    Last edited by John in VA; 07-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor

I wouldnt call these guys experts I had some tires installed and an alignment done at this shop last week and they destroyed my wheels and blamed it on the plastidip. The dumbass at the desk said they couldn't do anything until I spoke with one of the owners and a lady named Gabrielle when she saw the damage she set up an appt to have my wheels repaired. The tech who did the alignment said he couldnt get the car to specs which was -1.5 on both fronts and -1.75 on the rears with zero toe upfront. I told him that is unacceptable because I have GC camber plates and rear adjustable camber arms and had do it over. While im happy she agreed to repair them I dont think I will be taking my car there for service anymore.

PS im not saying dont take your car here just sharing my experience
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0605.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	1686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	1687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0601.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	1688  
    Last edited by tres; 08-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.

tres - where was this? At Speed?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    tres - where was this? At Speed?

Another well executed Chapter DIY event hosted by AT-Speed, thanks to the great staff, owner and to all those who came out and participated. We had one BMW member from our sister chapter in Pennsylvania. He made the drive from King of Prussia, PA. It's the member's that make our chapter great, thanks for your continued program support.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Photos from today's DIY...

Thanks to Zach and the entire BMW club for a pleasant DIY, in regards to the above bashing of our company by a board member, I will just leave it by saying if you apply some plastic/ rubber coating to your rims without any prep work (scuffing or sanding)it will NOT survive the mounting process. Cust was informed in advance that this was going to be a problem,as paint was peeling from the over spray on tire as soon as bead was broken. However, We agreed to fix the wheels but the customer did not show up for the scheduled appt. Thanks again all who attended.... Rich S.
    Last edited by schnitzer7; 08-07-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Thread Information