Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Seeking brake pad recommendation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seeking brake pad recommendation

I've run Hawk, Porterfield, and Carbotech on the street and track.

- Weight of the car is my big one - For a heavier car, something like an HP+ is exactly as Nick describes. Works great, then falls off a cliff. For a light car\low power car (sub 2300 lbs), it's a different story. One of the LeMons teams I've run with has used the HP+ successfully with ducting for hours at a time on a Honda. The car won't break 115 on a long straight at VIR, so you can pound on them for hours if you are smart. I did manage to fade them, but that was me being too aggressive in an enduro situation.

- I've also run the HT-10 in LeMons racing, and that just seemed like too much pad for street tires. This was on an E30 shod w/ Azenis. We had lots of lockup problems at CMP. The HT-10 seems better suited to r-comps and ABS.

- I've run Carbotech XP8 and XP10, and they work really well, but they wear VERY quickly.

- I've run the Porterfield R4S and R4E on track. The R4S is similar to the Hawk HP+, but without the initial bite of the Hawks. Wrong pad for heavier cars. OK for light/low power, but not that great. The R4E is an old endurance compound that still works well, but it does nothing exceptionally. They are expensive, but wear very well.
    Tom F.
    Spec-ish e30 - '87 325is

So what pads (brand & model) do you guys recommend for HPDEs? I am new to BMWs, and I am building my first BMW track day car (e36 325). I was about to purchase the Hawk HP+ due to the price and description, but after reading this thread doent seem like a good option. I hope for something as 'budget friendly' as possible, but will get the job done. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Audi 0000; 03-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.

On a track day car, buy PFC06es. They are a little bit more up front, but they last so much longer than anything else I've seen, it's just not funny.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information