Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Feb '12 VIR with Tarheel Chapter - who's attending? Roommate needed...

Thread: Feb '12 VIR with Tarheel Chapter - who's attending? Roommate needed...

Feb '12 VIR with Tarheel Chapter - who's attending? Roommate needed...

I'll be attending the Tarheel Chapter DE at the end of Feb at VIR. Who from this area will be attending/instructing? I haven't booked a room yet, and would be happy to room with a non-smoker / quiet sleeper.

I'll be leaving Rockville around noon on Friday and would be interesting in joining a caravan if any are planned.
    Tom F.
    Spec-ish e30 - '87 325is

Whenever I left MD around noon I got stuck in a $hitload of traffic.
    I always liked to leave before 10:00. You can go straight to VIR and dump your stuff and get checked in.
    Have fun. I'll be missing this one.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Yeah...it's a defined risk, that's for sure. I can't get out of work any earlier that day, so I'm stuck with noon as my departure time. If I don't join a caravan, I might take the scenic route - go out 66 and take US 29 down through Charlottesville. It's not a whole lot farther, and much more scenic.
    Tom F.
    Spec-ish e30 - '87 325is

Quote Originally Posted by ntomfree View Post
    Yeah...it's a defined risk, that's for sure. I can't get out of work any earlier that day, so I'm stuck with noon as my departure time. If I don't join a caravan, I might take the scenic route - go out 66 and take US 29 down through Charlottesville. It's not a whole lot farther, and much more scenic.
    That is probably a better route that time of day.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quick update to this thread:
    1) I grabbed a non-smoking room at the Sleep Inn this morning. It's a 2 double bed room, so I have room for one more if anyone needs a spot to crash.
    2) There is a small caravan of cars leaving from I-66 exit 43 (US-29 S) at 12:30 on Friday. I think it's about 4 cars at the moment. We're going to take US-29 down for a little more relaxing drive. There is a shopping center just off of that exit on 29, and we'll meet in the parking lot by the Panera Bread. Look for a Bronzit (tan) e30 on Kosei K1s - that's me.
    Tom F.
    Spec-ish e30 - '87 325is

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Whenever I left MD around noon I got stuck in a $hitload of traffic.
    I always liked to leave before 10:00. You can go straight to VIR and dump your stuff and get checked in.
    Have fun. I'll be missing this one.
    We'll miss you and the speedy 328ti out there, Steven! Hoping for sunny weather like today, even if it is cold!
    BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by dbonner View Post
    We'll miss you and the speedy 328ti out there, Steven! Hoping for sunny weather like today, even if it is cold!
    50s and 60s for the weekend.
    Hate when works gets in the way.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information